Coronavirus Page 78

Quote: chipolata @ 23rd March 2021, 7:39 PM

Does that mean you're in favour of breaking up the Union that is the UK?

I thought you meant Europe but frankly if the Scots democratically want to leave then so be it (although they've already had a once in a lifetime referendum).

The Cornish can piss off too, if that's what they really want. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd March 2021, 11:59 PM

The Cornish can piss off too, if that's what they really want. ;)

Can we keep their pasties?

:) I asked for a Cornish pastie in Greggs. The woman said 'you mean a potato and meat pastie.
I pointed at one and said - no, a Cornish pastie. She replied - we can't call them that anymore.

We say meat and potato in Liverpool as potato and meat sounds weird. As for the Cornish angle that's down to those bastards in Cornwall demanding that only pasties made in Cornwall be called that.
It's the same with Champagne , Cheshire cheese and a host of other things that protect a regional product.
If I had my way we would have another referendum so that the Cornish stopped controlling our lives and we could all have are own pasties from our own areas. :)

I would have preferred we keep the pastis.

F**k off we need more and more local representation in our food and I won't rest till we have Ritz crackers with my postcode on them .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th March 2021, 10:37 AM

We say meat and potato in Liverpool as potato and meat sounds weird. As for the Cornish angle that's down to those bastards in Cornwall demanding that only pasties made in Cornwall be called that.
It's the same with Champagne , Cheshire cheese and a host of other things that protect a regional product.
If I had my way we would have another referendum so that the Cornish stopped controlling our lives and we could all have are own pasties from our own areas. :)

For the best meat and potato pie

In line for Round Two. Not nearly as many people as three weeks ago.

In and out in less than 15 minutes. Ceremonial mask burning in two weeks.

Your gap between the jabs is a lot shorter than ours, had mine in Feb and still haven't had the call for the 2nd. Hope it's not them damn Frenchies delaying our doses. Pirate

Nah, my 2nd is Monday morning.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th April 2021, 9:36 AM

Your gap between the jabs is a lot shorter than ours

21 days for Pfizer, I think it's 28 days for Moderna, and the newly approved Johnson & Johnson only requires one dose. I think most states have opened up to anyone over 15, so it's easy to get a same-day appointment. I have a feeling that we'll soon reach a point where everyone who wants one will have had it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's only about 50% of the population. We'll probably have millions upon millions of leftover doses that we will be pressured to ship to other countries.

I started running a slight fever and had chills about 14 hours after my second dose. I still feel kind of lousy.

Got my second one last Friday.

Beware,
Side-effect include fainting, apparently. https://english.alarabiya.net/coronavirus/2021/04/15/Watch-Danish-health-official-faints-at-briefing-announcing-halt-of-AstraZeneca-vacci

I'm getting first jab tomorrow as a 45 - 50er

My wife just had hers and three people left when they were told it was Astra Zenica