Coronavirus Page 79

Just thinking about this supposed passport. How is it supposed to work? If it's the blue card with the dates I was vaccinated then anyone can fake them.

Received my first jab today expect to get a second in about three months
So now I have some idea of what it was like to fight Audley Harrison

Quote: Chappers @ 15th April 2021, 5:50 PM

Just thinking about this supposed passport. How is it supposed to work? If it's the blue card with the dates I was vaccinated then anyone can fake them.

Current rumours seem to be: to modify the NHS Track & Trace App to give secure access to the vaccination record part of the subject's medical records.

Too much reliance on technology in my opinion & what to do about those with old phones (which won't run the NHS app) or no smart phones or to prevent a person from opening the NHS app using an NHS number from someone who has been really vaccinated.

Anyway, what they might do is dig out some old war-time relic system, {like they did for petrol rationing in the 1970s}. Something like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my vaccination certificates from 1973 ish

Didn't you get the first Vaccine for Covid 1 back in the late 1880's Bill?

Ah Covid-87 I forgot about that.

Still go my Petrol Coupons somewhere.

I recently had a gob-swab test to visit my son in a care home. 20 minute wait then "OK, in you come"

About 20 minutes later I got a text from the NHS - verbatim "Your coronavirus lateral flow test is negative. It's likely you were not infectious when the test was done"

Likely? So what was the bloody point? Huh?

Had my second AstraZeneca jab Thursday and thought I'd leave it a couple of days to see if I fell over, as the nurse said that is the danger period, but I've had no ill effects at all. After the first one I had an aching arm for a couple of days, but nothing this time.

BUT I don't think I would chance it and ditch the mask as DaButt said he was going to do, what with all these new strains that keep popping up.

I saw my first "Masks OPTIONAL" sign on a shop's door yesterday, so I think we might be on the road to a return to normalcy.

Normalcy .. or normality?

Or are they the same?

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th April 2021, 7:57 PM

Normalcy .. or normality?

Or are they the same?

Yes, both are nouns - the one DaButt used is mainly in The States.

Just to be extra safe, Iv'e been to the same place for a jab five times this week.
Might go next week too.

Did you give her a jab?

I'd like to give her a hot beef injection

One likes to be a bit more subtle than that. Rolling eyes

When you get out of your teens you'll learn not to say things like that.