Coronavirus Page 76

Sounds like the person who grassed her up was the wrong'un, rather than the old bill.
Some nosey sod reported an unlawful gathering (which it sounds like it wasn't so, they turned up.
Heavy handed - but aren't they always.
The trouble with rules is you have to make them simple, and with an eye to the wankers who are going to try to stretch them, rather than decent folk who might accidentally wander off the straight and narrow.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 22nd March 2021, 1:15 PM

What do you expect from the Tories? They're too busy robbing the tax payers to be arsed about the plebs.

Although all the so-called "opposition" does is to back the government-imposed restrictions, apart from saying that they should have been made earlier.

I think they went to easy on the old bat she should have been at least pepper sprayed and perhaps a telescopic baton across the back of her legs would have sent the message home.

I'd love a telescopic baton.

I'd love a telescopic Battenberg

Quote: chipolata @ 22nd March 2021, 2:03 PM

I'd love a telescopic baton.

There are lots of them on Amazon that are advertised as walking sticks and mountaineering tools. ;)

Would something like that be legal to sell/buy in the UK, but only illegal to carry? Or is the sale forbidden, too?

My son-in-law (a cop) is distressed by the lack of legal self-defense options for our upcoming trip to the UK and Ireland. I suggested carrying a fishing pole. :)

My Army buddy was arrested 40 years ago for whipping a cop with a fishing pole as the officer and his partner were beating up his friend. He said the cop made a very satisfying yelping sound until the tables were turned and my buddy got a nice beating of his own.

We're all very polite over here.
A strongly-worded letter will ward of most attacks.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd March 2021, 3:47 PM

We're all very polite over here.

For the most part, but public drunkenness is much more prevalent, and the only times I've ever had a stranger try to start a fight with me were in the UK. The first time was when a young kid at a station pub in Reading took offense at the fact that I used a 50 to buy a few pints. The second was some random Welsh guy wanted to fight me because I was an American. I glassed both of them.

(No I didn't.)

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd March 2021, 4:03 PM

I used a 50 to buy a few pints

You had it coming, mate.
Did you check how the Welsh were doing at the Rugby? Makes all the difference.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd March 2021, 4:09 PM

You had it coming, mate.

Fresh off the plane at Heathrow, the cash machine wouldn't accept my card, so a cashier handed me five 50s. If he hadn't been such a prick about it I would have bought him and his equally paint-splattered buddy a pint or two to help burn through the cursed notes.

:D
Never - I repeat never - try to get in a black cab with one.
Or a Scottish tenner, for that matter. Scotland

Quote: DaButt @ 21st March 2021, 6:26 PM

Ridiculous. What are the chances that they'd show up if her home had been burgled?

Exactly.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd March 2021, 4:03 PM

For the most part, but public drunkenness is much more prevalent, and the only times I've ever had a stranger try to start a fight with me were in the UK. The first time was when a young kid at a station pub in Reading took offense at the fact that I used a 50 to buy a few pints.

(No I didn't.)

A Fifty? Nobody here gets one of them. Ask for smaller notes.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 22nd March 2021, 10:22 AM

So it must be true.

How can anyone say it's 100% that you will not be hospitalised if you are infected when they don't even know the full effectiveness of the vaccine or even how long it's effective for?

It was true but feel free to argue everything without any research.
You seem quite happy to make a total tool of yourself.
Makes me happy too - so win win

A friend's 92 year old mother with underlying conditions caught covid from her carer. She faired far better than her 20 year old carer. This was all done in scientific conditions, of course. My friend is convinced the vaccine saved her. Thing is, people have died from covid, in some cases 3 generations, but not so much from the vaccine. Are people debating this because area 52 has become stale ?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd March 2021, 10:26 PM

It was true but feel free to argue everything without any research.
You seem quite happy to make a total tool of yourself.
Makes me happy too - so win win

More personal insults by calling me a 'tool' and suggesting you are happy to see me looking like a tool. Why? Because I don't agree with the 'facts' you believe because you heard it on the radio this morning. Like everything you hear is fact without question Rolling eyes

No-one knows the long term effects of the vaccine because it's so new so what you say is 100% conjecture. It even says this on the paperwork I got with my jab on Saturday.