This forum Page 7

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th August 2023, 8:06 AM

Is anybody else now getting advertisements blocking half of the page?
Even when trying to post they are right across the writing area.

I get them left, right and bottom. Annoying having to click off them all.

No problems here...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th August 2023, 8:06 AM

Is anybody else now getting advertisements blocking half of the page?
Even when trying to post they are right across the writing area.

Mm, this is not good!

What browser are you using, Stephen?

Google Chrome.

Just now.

And they won't bugger off and roll with the screen

Thanks Stephen, that's very helpful. Can you head here and report back what your resolution is? http://whatismyscreenresolution.net/

Thanks.

Your Screen Resolution is
1920x1080
Screen Width: 1920 pixels
Screen Height: 1080 pixels

EDIT: It has not done it today though.

Very odd. It was definitely happening on multiple pages? Did you have the browser window expanded to the full size of your screen, or shrunk down a bit?

Only one page open (at full screen)
And I spoke too soon - they are back.
It's not just one advertiser or the same one each time.

Pulp are shit.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 31st August 2023, 5:20 PM

Pulp are shit.

Consider this a formal warning for spam. You will not get another warning before you are banned.

Pulp are a great banned - er band.

Stephen, could it just be that you've accepted 'all cookies' for this site, after having refreshed your browsing data at some point? That can result in seeing ads. It's happened to me before, after clearing browsing data, when visiting certain pages it asks for you cookie preferences. If you just 'select all', then sometimes you might gets lots of ads etc pop up.

So if that's the reason, maybe try: Close the BCG and go to a different page. In the top right of the screen, select 'more tools' then 'clearing browsing data', which resets cookies options. Then next time you visit this site, you should get a message asking what cookies options you want. But don't 'accept all', just make sure only the essential cookies are selected, and do save and exit.

I think that's what I've done.

Quote: a plate @ 31st August 2023, 9:07 PM

Stephen, could it just be that you've accepted 'all cookies' for this site, after having refreshed your browsing data at some point? That can result in seeing ads. It's happened to me before, after clearing browsing data, when visiting certain pages it asks for you cookie preferences. If you just 'select all', then sometimes you might gets lots of ads etc pop up.

So if that's the reason, maybe try: Close the BCG and go to a different page. In the top right of the screen, select 'more tools' then 'clearing browsing data', which resets cookies options. Then next time you visit this site, you should get a message asking what cookies options you want. But don't 'accept all', just make sure only the essential cookies are selected, and do save and exit.

This does of course starve us of money that keeps the site online. So thanks.

Not me, I've earned you 30 bob alone.