This forum Page 6

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th May 2023, 11:45 AM

Some typographic weirdness going on when people quote posts.
If there's any 'special' type ie bold or italics etc it appears to format them slightly misaligned (dropped), or with an extra space before hand.
Hardly the end of the world, but it only started a day or two ago.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th May 2023, 11:50 AM

Can you point to an example?

Nothing's changed at our end, so it's most likely an update in your browser's rendering that's caused it; whether we need to do something to counter that is the question.

Works fine for me - just tried it

Quote: Aaron @ 18th May 2023, 11:50 AM

Can you point to an example?

Nothing's changed at our end, so it's most likely an update in your browser's rendering that's caused it; whether we need to do something to counter that is the question.

This is whatI'm getting.

I'll try with a different browser - see if that makes a difference.

Mmm... Very strange indeed. I can confirm no such quirks showing up at this end. I'll er ... keep an eye on it I suppose.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th May 2023, 1:19 PM

Mmm... Very strange indeed. I can confirm no such quirks showing up at this end. I'll er ... keep an eye on it I suppose.

it;s my browser.
Tried it on Opera and the fault disappears.
I bloody hate Opera (in all senses of the word) - so I might have to see if Safari needs updating

I use Opera 95% of the time and it's fine with me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th May 2023, 4:20 PM

I use Opera 95% of the time and it's fine with me.

Probably if I faffed around with the settings it would be Ok.
Just looks like shite on my mac.
And you get used to working a certain way.

I have a savvy son who does all the faffing 😁

The forum/site intermittently sets, for some reason, "Email me when someone replies" i.e. ticks the box at the bottom left of the page, and then I can't get rid of it.

No big deal, just annoying.

Does the "Stop email notifications" button at the top help?

In stead of going to the last post I'd seen it just goes to the top of the latest page again.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th June 2023, 9:36 PM

In stead of going to the last post I'd seen it just goes to the top of the latest page again.

Most browsers will only scroll down to the latest post when the page has completely finished loading; I would guess it hasn't finished at the point you see it still showing the top of the page, and if you waited a few more moments it would jump down.

Quote: Aaron @ 12th June 2023, 5:23 PM

Does the "Stop email notifications" button at the top help?

It has, thank you - for now..................

Quote: Aaron @ 12th June 2023, 10:20 PM

Most browsers will only scroll down to the latest post when the page has completely finished loading; I would guess it hasn't finished at the point you see it still showing the top of the page, and if you waited a few more moments it would jump down.

I haven't got time to waste. I'm not young you know (but not as old as Herc or Billy).

Quote: Chappers @ 13th June 2023, 4:45 PM

I haven't got time to waste. I'm not young you know (but not as old as Herc or Billy).

OI!! I'll have none of that, thank you. Beside Bill Will is the oldest. 💀

Is anybody else now getting advertisements blocking half of the page?
Even when trying to post they are right across the writing area.