If that was for me, then I accept, so let's all move on in harmony, 💖

and not read each other's threads...... 😁

Well I was actually apologising to Aaron for causing grief on his website again

But sure , you too fella 😉🤝

Apologies accepted from all. ;-)

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th October 2023, 3:29 PM

But sure , you too fella 😉🤝

Then, thank you again. 🙂

The 'Profile' icon seems to be missing on mobile site?

On desktop it's at the top right hand corner of the screen...

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th October 2023, 6:25 PM

The 'Profile' icon seems to be missing on mobile site?

On desktop it's at the top right hand corner of the screen...

Never mind found it (hidden)

Re: the pop up issue and not sure if this is helpful but I was having the same problem with Chrome and a video ad would appear in the bottom right of the screen showing a short video ad. There was an X I could click on to make it disappear but another one would appear a few seconds later. It doesn't happen with any other website and in the end I had to install the ad blocker extension for Chrome which has stopped the popups appearing but it also removes all ads including banners. The video popups still happen on my iphone and are from legitimate companies like Mastercard. It's the same as on my PC before installing the adblocker. Video ad appears, I click on the X to close it and a few seconds later a new ad appears. No amount of closing the ads seems to stop them appearing and there's no way to make them display behind the page out of sight. Even out of sight though it would still be nibbling at the bandwidth from the constant video ads and I'm on a metered connection so have to be careful with my data usage.

I gave up mentioning it.
My PC, phone and laptop all still have ads blocking text.
All 3 have different operating systems and browsers.

Yes I get all that on mine as well. Apart from anything else, it can make typing any posts somewhat difficult.

Hi guys,

Thanks for alerting us to this. None of that behaviour is supposed to be happening so we'll report it to the advert people and ask that they look into changing it.

Billy, what size screen are you using when you find it obstructive to typing? If you can attach a screen shot at full size that would be particularly helpful!

Stephen, if you can send more screenshots too, again full size not shrunk down if possible, that would be really helpful in moaning to get it sorted.

On my laptop as I was trying to read your post.

Snap.
iMac running Safari,

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th August 2023, 11:00 AM

Google Chrome.

Just now.

And they won't bugger off and roll with the screen

And are you still experiencing this issue Stephen, with the tall side adverts appearing over the top of posts?

Quote: Aaron @ 26th October 2023, 12:30 PM

Billy, what size screen are you using when you find it obstructive to typing? If you can attach a screen shot at full size that would be particularly helpful!

Mine is the same as Lazzard's two posts above. I use an 11.6" laptop. It also the same (worse in fact) on my 7" tablet. Both using Google Chrome.

I get more adverts than a French football shirt but that's probably my fault for accepting all cookies.

The adverts are, sadly, crucial to keeping the site just online, never mind actively running and updated.

The behaviours described above however are definitely not ideal or all intentional! We've raised this with our advertising tech partners who are investigating.