This forum Page 10

The long sidebars seem to have gone. (or at least stopped interfering)
And I'm now on my PC and no adverts are blocking the page.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th October 2023, 11:50 AM

The long sidebars seem to have gone. (or at least stopped interfering)
And I'm now on my PC and no adverts are blocking the page.

Thanks for the update, Stephen. The advertising team are still making changes and trying to address all the issues that've been reported, so please do keep us updated with any changes you see, good or bad.

Started yesterday - all the photos/graphics I load up to my various threads (! some would say too many) are very slow to appear, and some of them from previous weeks/months/years now do not appear at all.
Also, Chappers cannot see the current ones, so summat's up...............

Aaron? 🤔

It's almost certainly due to the site where you're hosting your images.

Yeah, different site, nothing to do with us I'm afraid.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th November 2023, 1:59 PM

It's almost certainly due to the site where you're hosting your images.

Quote: Aaron @ 10th November 2023, 2:18 PM

Yeah, different site, nothing to do with us I'm afraid.

I appreciate that, of course, but have been using imgbb for about 5 years now and nothing like this has happened before.

At least the images are appearing now, albeit slowly

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2023, 3:37 PM

I appreciate that, of course, but have been using imgbb for about 5 years now and nothing like this has happened before.

They've either changed something on their end, or they're having problems. This site just links to the photos, so they're being served from the hosting company's servers, not here.

Do you pay for the service? If not, they may be throttling the free service to save money and/or persuade users to pay for their service. If they aren't serving ads with their hosted images, then they're losing money on free accounts.

I had the same problem with my images hosted on imgbb yesterday and noticed some wouldn't load in the Viz thread even though the page had finished loading so it looked like a hosting issue. imgbb.com doesn't have a network status page but monitoring websites are reporting imgbb.com was last offline yesterday. Probably had a major incident at one of their data centres and it took a while for disaster recovery to kick in.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th November 2023, 3:42 PM

Do you pay for the service?

Nope. I used Photobucket for many a year, but then they wanted to charge £300 a year, so I went over to imgbb - I might give imagebox a go for awhile and see how I get on with them.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th November 2023, 3:55 PM

I had the same problem with my images hosted on imgbb yesterday and noticed some wouldn't load in the Viz thread even though the page had finished loading so it looked like a hosting issue. imgbb.com doesn't have a network status page but monitoring websites are reporting imgbb.com was last offline yesterday. Probably had a major incident at one of their data centres and it took a while for disaster recovery to kick in.

Very interesting - thank you for that Tarby 😎

So I'm not alone.................unlike the Strand man (you have to be v.old to know what that means)

All the pictures in Silly Signs and Saucy Postcards are coming up instantly for me.

Quote: fasty @ 10th November 2023, 5:51 PM

All the pictures in Silly Signs and Saucy Postcards are coming up instantly for me.

That's probably because you have already visited the page and they're cached on your device.

I watched a 240 KB file slowly materialize in one of Herc's posts a few hours ago. I just checked and now I don't see anything at all. The host is either having problems, or they're hobbling unpaid users' posts. Why would they offer paid plans for people with unlimited storage and direct linking, if unpaid users get the same services? Herc may have hit some sort of "you've hit the storage limit for free users, so now we're gonna limit your access" threshold.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2023, 8:50 AM

Started yesterday - all the photos/graphics I load up to my various threads (! some would say too many) are very slow to appear, and some of them from previous weeks/months/years now do not appear at all.
Also, Chappers cannot see the current ones, so summat's up...............

Aaron? 🤔

It was only one temporarily. All OK now.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2023, 3:37 PM

Can you see what it is yet...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th November 2023, 10:01 PM

Can you see what it is yet...

Now then, now then........

Hi! Is anyone still being plagued by adverts appearing in the wrong places in the forum (i.e. over the top of things you're trying to read)? If yes, please do let us know (either in reply here, or by emailing contact@comedy.co.uk)

Adverts appearing generally on this message board are needed though I'm afraid, we can't turn them off entirely... our server bill is eye-watering each month nowadays, and they help pay for that. If you're not a BCG Supporter, please do consider joining, as if we can fund things more that way, then we're not so under pressure to deliver adverts too: https://www.comedy.co.uk/donate