What's the deal with piccies? Page 2

Yep... stones, pebbles, rocks. I just hang them around my body to make sure no one recognises me! It does work! :)

Did you nick a bit of Cher's Rock in Australia and get chased by angry Aboriginies?

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 8, 2007, 9:12 PM

what is the deal of wanting to see pics of people online?

I'm exactly in agreement.

If you know me through the words I write then you know me better than any picture. That and the fact that I'm a complete knob-end.

I can see your eye. Unless it's a photo stuck on the inside of the little window?

Yeeeeeeaaaah..... Laughing out loud

....but I love you anyway Slaggy A! Lovey

Quote: Leevil @ October 8, 2007, 10:58 PM

I can see your eye. Unless it's a photo stuck on the inside of the little window?

Thanks, Rube. :D

Never trust a Slagg, Leevil. ;) I cut and pasted that eye in from some dodgy American site where a lady was apparently entertaining a large group of very close friends. They were all smiling, even though there wasn't a chess board in sight.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 8, 2007, 10:18 PM

Someones fishing... by sticking his head in the water and scaring all the fish to death Laughing out loud

Well I don't like fish, but I'm sure it's possible if I tried.

It's nothing to do with the truck then Rube.. ;)

I knew it...

What is the deal of wanting to see pics of people online?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ October 8, 2007, 9:16 PM

You're ginger aren't you?

Ha ha, lol.

Let's just agree to allow peeps to do what feels comfortable without pressure, eh?

Not sure what sparked off this post RubyMae, maybe I've missed something - I hope it was more of a general comment you were making than something this website has done?

My personal view is that it can be nice to see a picture of who you're talking to, that makes things nice and personal. Plus seeing someone's face can tell you a lot. I totally understand the other side of things though - for years I was very careful to make sure no pictures of me got onto the web. I only gave up on that after my friend put up pictures of me drunk - after that there was no point trying to keep my image in check!

Quote: EllieJP @ October 8, 2007, 9:22 PM

I just posted mine up ages ago because i joined Jude's girly pirates and it was a bit of a laugh. No one's ever commented on it (well not much) and i guess it's just stayed there. But before i was Lisa Simpson.

I still think it was remarkably suspicious how you just happened to have a picture of yourself decked out in pirate gear to hand Ellie! You'd been plotting to join Jude's pirate club thing for ages hadn't you* ;) *even though it hadn't even been mentioned when the picture was taken

Incidently, back on topic, about 150 of our members have a photo of themselves in their profiles - you can click the profile button (at the top of each post) to see if the poster has one. If anyone reading this wants to add a picture of themselves to their profile just email the photo to us and we'll do the rest.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 9, 2007, 12:10 AM

I knew it...

Sorry, Rube but you've made such a thing about NOT showing a pic that tongues will wag.. like puppy dogs tails!

But it's no big deal if you don't want to post a pick, why make it a big deal? :)

As a writer it shouldn't matter what you look like, who can't agree with that?

Quote: Mark @ October 9, 2007, 12:44 AM

My personal view is that it can be nice to see a picture of who you're talking to, that makes things nice and personal.

I never hand over my credit card details unless theres a webcam

Ruby.

We can all wait for your boils to heal & your hair to grow back. Also if you need features atall, I can lend an ear.

There should be no pressure for a pic of a person to go up. Tell whoever is whining, to fookoff.
Me I like seeing my pureety face every time I leave a message. It makes me feel all tickly inside.

Quote: Mark @ October 9, 2007, 12:44 AM

Ha ha, lol.

I still think it was remarkably suspicious how you just happened to have a picture of yourself decked out in pirate gear to hand Ellie! You'd been plotting to join Jude's pirate club thing for ages hadn't you* ;) *even though it hadn't even been mentioned when the picture was taken

Damn it - i've been rumbled! :D

The English have often travelled to foriegn parts dressed thus. It's in our blood, the pirate life. When we became less than popular for it the piratical kind amongst us became bankers, insurance agents and politicians and just carried on in the same vein, mas or menos. :)