What's the deal with piccies?

Oaky dokes, I don't like to rant and please don't see this as a rant but what is the deal of wanting to see pics of people online? I know it's out of sheer curiousity most of the time but it seriously drives me mad some days. In what capacity does the way I look effect the way I write? Personally, the reason I don't post pics of myself (at the moment) is

a) I don't own a digital camera. I'm a technophobe. Even my phone is from the stone age.

b) I don't get how the way I look effects my work. I know most of you don't think that but some people outside here do sadly.

c) I work in an industry where looks are important and it's nice to come somewhere to get away from that.

d) Believe it or not, I'm shy.

I understand that there are people out there online who aren't who they say they are. How do we know for example that SBF isn't actually a 65 year old man or Aaron is a crossing dressing shoe bomber? But why should anyone have to post a pic when they don't want to after getting pressure cause some other peeps think it's important? Even if pics are posted, how would you know they weren't fake? All I'm saying is it's not a big deal if someone doesn't want to post a pic. It is a personal thing after all guys and girls. Joking aside, it can be a delicate thing. Let's just agree to allow peeps to do what feels comfortable without pressure, eh?

You're ginger aren't you?

LOL!

I think people are just joking around. I'm sure no one's really bothered if anyone shows a pic.

By the way, I'm suddenly taking your avatar well personally...
:)

I need to change the mirror one actually. It's been up too long!

I just posted mine up ages ago because i joined Jude's girly pirates and it was a bit of a laugh. No one's ever commented on it (well not much) and i guess it's just stayed there. But before i was Lisa Simpson. I am not fussed about seeing what people look like...i actually quite like it when i find out a person i thought was one sex...was the other. Good on you hun... and yer i think zooo's right...i think everyone's just having a laugh. :)

Is that not your photo Ruby?

I don't actually know how to do the photo thing, but there are so many pics of me on various sites (NO, NOT THAT TYPE) that peeps could easily find me if they wanted to. Mind you, I have had my hair cut short recently so with that and the 25 stone I've gained I am confident that none of you would recognise me in real life.

No David. Believe it or not, I'm not a sandcastle. :P

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 8, 2007, 9:12 PM

d) Believe it or not, I'm shy.

I'm ugly (and shy), but I still post the odd pic of myself here and there. ;)

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 8, 2007, 9:12 PM

How do we know for example that ... Aaron isn't a crossing dressing shoe bomber?

:O :O :O

*looks around suspiciously before running away*

In answer to the original question/theory/discussion/thing, I think you're reading just a bit too much into it!

Personally though, I generally don't get the point of photos at all. Why do people feel the need to go around taking photos of everything they do and everyone they know?

Although, I guess it's probably because their lives are so meaningless and empty that they have to get blindingly drunk, and subsequently need the photos to know what they actually did. :)

Like a crimewatch reconstruction........

Oh god, I'll never ask you for a photo of your tits again!

Quote: Aaron @ October 8, 2007, 9:41 PM

I'm ugly (and shy), but I still post the odd pic of myself here and there. ;)

Someones fishing... by sticking his head in the water and scaring all the fish to death Laughing out loud

I look like my pet and yes ladies my tongue is that long ;) So i'll be good at bathrooms like in that beer ad.

Quote: Loopey @ October 8, 2007, 9:35 PM

the 25 stone I've gained I am confident that none of you would recognise me in real life.

Ditto! :D

Are they the 25 stones you collected from each country you visitd?