What's the deal with piccies? Page 3

Well Rube, you know my feeling on this as we've had this conversation a few times.

True Beauty in a person does not have anything to do with looks, and is apparent from a few conversations.

As you know, I honestly don't care what you look like, it bears little on the great great friend I have met and chatted to the wee hours with.

Hi Ruby,
I totally get what you mean about the piccies. I actually feel as if I am invisable in the 'real' world, too old to be called 'hip' and too young to buy machine washable shoes (although I'm of an age where I can see the benefits). The outcome of my invisible powers - I write!

Cool

Hello Wave

I'm here :S

Anyone?????

Oh, I see what you're doing, v. funny :D

You guys!

Quote: dannyjb1 @ October 9, 2007, 9:32 AM

Well Rube, you know my feeling on this as we've had this conversation a few times.

True Beauty in a person does not have anything to do with looks, and is apparent from a few conversations.

As you know, I honestly don't care what you look like, it bears little on the great great friend I have met and chatted to the wee hours with.

Awwwwwwww!

damnit Rubes! you were meant to keep the fact that I've manipulated my gender and age to be on this site a secret >_< :P But I get exactly what you mean. I just wish more people thought of it the same way danny and you do :D

I'll let you into a little secret, Rube and Danny only stay together now for the sake of the cuddly toys.. They may part when the toys get threadbare enough, but they'll remain friends and Danny does still like Rube's buns!!! :P

If we weren't all munters wouldn't we want to be actors/presenters and not writers?
We should be happy with our big, bubbly personalities.

I for one have a face like a badgers ball bag :O

Quote: Daddy Maz @ October 9, 2007, 7:02 PM

I for one have a face like a badgers ball bag :O

Laughing out loud

So it's you I see when I look in the mirror!!

Laughing out loud

I think it's Bodgers too ;)

When the rest of you get as old as me (catching up could be difficult!) you'll all stop worrying about what you look like versus what you feel you are, age-wise, internally. When I look in the bathroom mirror in the morning I do not recognise the old fart staring back at me. I have no particular perception of how I look to anyone else ... but it certainly ain't like the mirror guy. It is a fact that in a forum like this the older members sometimes act like they're still in their twenties and the younger ones sometimes act like old grumpies. Similarly, since I've been around here, several of the apparent 'males' have turned out to be girls, and some of the blokes have, well, I ain't so sure!?! In the main this forum seems to cater quite well with all ages contributing on a writing level without anyone worrying too much about the gender, age, nationality or predjudices of those producing the work. That's the way it should be. As a pretty old bloke (actually not pretty at all!) I'm really impressed sometimes by the output of the really young members. When I was their age I was just treading water, not doing anything much creative at all, so they're mostly ahead of me already! Hey, I'm starting to ramble but may as well post this anyway. Have a nice (uhm) week!

Quote: losaavedra @ October 9, 2007, 7:39 PM

Hey, I'm starting to ramble but may as well post this anyway. Have a nice (uhm) week!

Yes Mike - you are rambling.

Must be your age.

God, it's like Last of the Summer Wine in here, quick someone get a bath tub.

LOL

Quote: David Chapman @ October 10, 2007, 12:29 AM

Yes Mike - you are rambling.

Must be your age.

One things for sure, there are some racists and some homophobics and there are plenty of sexists too, but ageism is almost universal. Even for writers...

A middle aged aquaintance of mine wrote and submitted some pieces to a local magazine which aimed itself mainly at the youth market. They really liked his stuff and were just about to publish it when they asked him to, "..pop round the office just so we can make sure you're not some old guy.."

In many ways age has become the new nigger! Of course, there's no ageism in TV so that's OK then... <choke>

:(