Birds of a Feather DVDS? Page 5

i don't agree with people that don't like birds of a feather it
was a great sitcom and should be out on dvd.

i have contacted bbc shop and they told me
Unfortunately only series 1 of birds of a feather is currently available through BBC Shop and we are unaware of any plans to release further series of this title in the near future.

BBC Shop is not responsible for any decisions regarding commissioning of
new formats. Any queries relating to the above should be directed to:

BBC Commissioning Editor
3rd Floor
2 Entertain Ltd
33 Foley Street
London
W1W 7TL

Please note that enquiries can only be made by post.

i have just looked on play.com and a person who rates the dvd has said that series 2 and 3 is comeing out but the bbc have said they have no plans to release it in the furture i have put a link where it says it. http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/111423/-/Product.html?searchstring=birds+of+a+feather&searchsource=0

if any one wants to contact the bbc go to www.bbc.co.uk and go to contact us

you might like to go to bbc press office where there is information about new comedy programmes and here is a link for comedy programmes
this autumn http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2007/07_july/11/bbcone_comedy.shtml
you can also get the lastest news about comedy programmes that have been Commissioned

i have heard that there are plans for a christmas special of birds of a feather but the bbc are not saying anythink about it

i suppose that untill the bbc release a press pack for christmas it
is just a rumour

does any one like the green green grass will i have a preview of
episode one of series 3

The Green Green Grass Ep 1/7
Unplaced
Day and time to be confirmed BBC ONE

Boycie and Marlene are firmly ensconced in their country home, with their son and staff on hand, as John Sullivan's hit comedy returns for a third series. This time, though, there's new writing talent joining John – his son, Jim – and this is the first of his three episodes for the series.

He's a chip off the old writing block, and Jim Sullivan's opening story finds Boycie and Marlene on a trip to a local country mansion, where Boycie admires the portraits that adorn the walls. Later, in the pub, he recounts his admiration of this long-established tradition of respect for the gentry.

Thrown out by his wife, Elgin has moved into Bryan's caravan and speculation about the change in their relationship is fuelled by Mrs Cakeworthy's relentless gossiping. It all seems like a bit of joke – until the caravan burns down and Boycie is horrified to find that Marlene has offered Bryan and Elgin a place to stay until it is fit to inhabit again.

When they are still at the Grange a month later, Boycie despairs of ever getting rid of them, but they have a surprise in store. As a mark of their gratitude, they have commissioned a renowned local artist, Genevieve Klunge, to paint his portrait. Sadly for Boycie, Mrs Klunge is mainly renowned for her paintings of cows.

John Challis and Sue Holderness star as Boycie and Marlene, with David Ross (Elgin), Ivan Kaye (Bryan) and Ella Kenion (Mrs Cakeworthy). The cast also includes Jack Doolan as Tyler, Peter Hepplethwaite as Jed and Lisa Diveney as Beth.

does any one know about the rumours on play ?

Oh for ... For the LAST TIME Jamie, no. No one knows anything about them. It's one post, made by one person. I can say that the Labour Party has integrity, morals, and a sense of decency. Doesn't make it true. (It is, but it might not be is the point.)

IF we find out anything, it will be posted here and you will know then. Until such a time, no. No one knows any more about the 'rumours' on Play other than they're just that - RUMOURS.

there is another bbc programme i like called 2 point 4 childern
does any one know why only up to series 3 has been put on dvd ?

the last time i contacted the bbc that they had no information why on
series 1-3 has been put on dvd but i have heard that uktv gold are going to be showing it again

i have also heard that uktv gold have rights to all the episodes of 2 point 4 childern but only show up to series 3 they have shown loads of christmas specials of this programme but have not showen it for
years

i have seen on e-bay some one is selling nearly all the episodes for
birds of a feather

2 Point 4 Children has been shown just this year on UKTV Gold, and I'm not sure but I think that series' 1-3 may be the only ones that they HAVEN'T shown recently, including the specials.

i must have not seen it but i am sure it was series 1-3 but
i do remember them showing one special

it is best to check uktvgold website i have put a link www.uktvgold.co.uk

I emailed the company who issued the first 3 series of 2 Point 4 Children and they replied telling me the rest would released by the BBC in 2007
i have also heard that birds of a feather are planned for 2008
but nothink has yet been confrimed

if you would like to see birds of a feather released on dvd then write to 2 entertain if people keep writing then they will release
it so everyone write to 2entertain and the bbc here are the address

Programming & Acquisitions Dept
2 entertain
33 Foley Street
London
W1W 7TL

BBC Commissioning Editor
3rd Floor
2 Entertain Ltd
33 Foley Street
London
W1W 7TL

if people keep writeing then there is a chance that it might be released
and if you would like information about birds of a feather dvd's then send me a privite message and i will tell you information as soon as i get it.

you can also e-mail the bbc i have put a link http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/feedback/

Jamie - congratulations, you must be the most obsessed fan I've ever come across!

Sorry to break it to you though but most people here probably don't feel passionately enough about those comedies to start writing letters or anything like that.

If you're that desperate to see them again have you considered looking for them on filesharing / torrent sites? (not that we endose that sort of thing of course).

Anyway, no idea where you got that Birds of a Feather rumour from! I'm afraid to say it is probably just that, nothing more than a rumour.

it is probley just a rumour but i have heard that 2 point 4 childern
was ment to released by the bbc this year but have not seen anythink

does anyone know anythink about only fools and horses is comeing back
and if catherine tate is doing a christmas special

Quote: jamie jones @ October 16, 2007, 1:28 PM

does anyone know anythink about only fools and horses is comeing back
and if catherine tate is doing a christmas special

Only Fools and Horses is not coming back anytime soon. Nicolas Lyndhurst said a while back that he would be interested in doing another episode, and David Jason told the Sun a similar thing, but that's about it. No plans or anything like that - John Sullivan, the BBC and many others would all have to agree it is a good idea first (I think it's a bad idea... they've already made things worse once with the new specials).

Catherine Tate has filmed a Christmas Special though, yes. The sketches will include a look back at Foul Mouthed Nan when she was young.

I never liked Birds of a Feather. Maybe I should write to 2 Entertain and ask them not to release any more DVDs? ;) No, don't panic folks, I'm only joking! I'm sure they will come out before long, after all, the BBC have a lot of programmes in their archives and they can't release everything at once.

2 Point 4 Children was a good programme which I watched regularly. What a terrible shame about the male lead dying so young.

It's good that Jamie is keen, we need more programmes that are good enough for people to be keen on. Too many of them, you just think, "oh well, that was OK, I suppose."

i think birds of a feather is brillant and it has funny jokes and lines like when dorien singed like a virgin in ockey-cockey-karoke
i think dorien was the best character does any one agree ?

does any one know what the episode the chigwell years was about
from series 6 as i have never seen it

ben oslen died because of cancer it was a shame as he was very funny
and played that part brillant

in my dvd collection i have

open all hours series 1-4
the vicar of dibley series 1-2
keeping up apperences series 1-5
birds of a feather series 1
my family series 1,2,4,5, christmas specials,series 7
the two ronnies series 1
the best of the two ronnies vol 1-2
only fools and horses every episode on dvd as i done the collection thing
the catherine tate show series 1-2
bonkers series 1
one foot in the grave series 1 and the best of one foot in the grave
dinnerladies series 1-2
gimmie gimmie gimmie series 1-3
waterloo road series 1
extras series 1-2
after youve gone series 1
and many more titles

does anyone know if there will be a christmas special of my family this year ?

can some one also tell me if birds of a feather remains in the bbc archive as they have lost some episodes of Morecambe and Wise ?