Birds of a Feather DVDS? Page 3

I saw an interview with linda robson on tv a while back and she said that Birds of a feather was going to return but the money they were offering them wasnt good enough so it was a no go! Oh well we can live in hope.

i remember linds robson saying that and what is lesley jospth starring in as she is never on tv any more.

i have not heard anythink yet from bbc but last i have heard that nothink is planned but you never know things could have changed as
i heard that 3 months ago as soon as i here anythink i will let you know

Not heard of lesley doing any tv lately or pauline quirke I remember when pauline did some serious acting where she played a murderer, she was very good.

If you hear of any birds of a feather news just send me a message to let us know thanks.

i will send you a message as soon as i here anythink
and series 1 was not brought out by 2entertain i have e-mailed the bbc about that and they say that it is down to 2entertain to release this sitcom now so write to them and they could release it

There's a petition that you can sign to try and get birds of a feather released onto official dvd just go to google and type in birds of a feather petition and sign up for it.

i have signed it and if any one would like any information please feel free to send me a privite message saying you would like information and as soon as i get any information i will send you a privite message

i will buy them off of e-bay as well as it is my favourite sitcom and i can't understand why it has not been released

Thanks for that will send you a message if i hear anything else, going for my dinner now have a great evening mate.

i seen on play.com a reviewer has said that birds of a feather series 2 is due out next year but the bbc have not said anythink yet.

does anyone know if this is true ?

The bbc have also got back to me and they have said that there are no plans for a christmas special at the current time

i am still waiting for them to get back to me about putting birds of a feather on to dvd

if any one has any information please message me thanks

Yes the petition was started by me as I really want BOAF on DVD.If anyone can provide further information regarding these rumours would appreciate it.

Guys, particularly Jamie, calm down! The same things have been said at least half a dozen times now, and your lack of Capitalisation, punctuation and grammar makes your posts incredibly hard to read and follow. I don't want to be a spoily-sport type, and I know that you're both very enthusiastic about the show, but come now, a bit of calm!

So, for the last time, the situation is thus:

Series one was released, as we know, by Prism Leisure a few years back.
I believe that Prism Leisure are now in receivership, so it is highly unlikely that they will be releasing any further series'.
The programme was originally made by Alomo Productions. Alomo are now part of Freemantle, so I would expect that they own the rights.
2entertain is the current name for BBC Video.
The first series release, I believe, was plagued with problems, so it is almost certainly the case that whoever does own the rights will not be rushing to release the rest until they know there's a better market for the show, and/or production costs drop significantly.
There are constantly rumours of the rest of the show being released, but nothing has been confirmed. Keep an eye on our DVD listings and I will add BOAF to it if and when I see them.

And finally, the show WILL come out. As one of the most popular and successful 1990s sitcoms, I would stake a large amount of cash that it will be released.

The only question, however, is when.

And finally, on the subject of UKTV Gold, they constantly cycle the programmes they show. I would also recommend that you keep an eye on the listings for Paramount Comedy 2, UKTV Drama, and UKTV G2 - which will be renamed Dave as of this coming Monday.

End message.

----------------------------------------------------

Well said Aaron. The sad fact is that the series one DVD of Birds of a Feather was a nightmare to get to market (because of the rights issues Aaron has mentioned) and, to top it all, went on to be a sales disaster. This is why there's somewhat of a hesitation for anyone to try again.

I'm sure it'll come out but in the meantime I'm afraid you'll have to be patient... or find some torrents.

The bbc have not e-mailed me back yet but they often say to write to this address if you want to see this series released

Programming & Acquisitions Dept
2 entertain
33 Foley Street
London
W1W 7TL

I have also e-mailed them about series 2 and if it is going to released but it will take 1-3 days for them to get back also here is
a link to 2entertain http://www.2entertain.co.uk/ you can also
e-mail them but they don't always get back to you

i have also put a link to birds of a feather series 1 where it says that series 2 is due out next year
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/111423/-/Product.html]

The bbc have got back to me about rights and they have said that
2entertain have rights to put it on dvd and that the company that made the series has rights but they can not confirm why prism Leisure only released one series and why series 1 is the only one
that been released still waiting for information about series 2 comeing out next year

The bbc have also said that prism Leisure have no plans to release any more series so if series 2 is due to released next year it will be by 2entertain

The bbc have confirmed that 2entertain have rights to release it so i guess 2entertain are the only people who can put it on dvd so if you would love to see it released then you are better off writeing to 2entertain

Please see the above posts for details of the series one release, Prism Leisure, and why there have been no more since series one.

The bbc did not tell me why series 1 was the only one to be released i am just putting information what they tell me but thanks for saying

They may not have, but both I and Mark have stated it numerous times.

Thanks.