Birds of a Feather DVDS?

Does anyone out there know anything about possible release dates for Birds of a feather? I saw the complete birds of a feather on ebay was an official release definetly not a copy but thats the only place I've seen it!!! So annoying! Also any new on 2 point 4 children dvds? Thanks a million for any info! Rolling eyes

Barney, only series 1 has ever been released on DVD in this country, and as far as I'm aware nothing has been released anywhere else. If you've seen anything beyond series 1, then it's not a proper, legal commercial release.

We've heard rumour that the rest of Birds of a Feather and 2 Point 4 Children are planned, but haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks for the information have only just discovered this site so will keep checking for further info, Also I've seen Keeping up appearences series 1 - 5 but I've got 1 - 4 and only need series 5 is this being released on its own? Also I've been collecting Are You Being Served and HMV told me that the 7th series has been cancelled do you know why? You can get series 1 to 10 in America but the episodes are not in the same order so I'd have to buy the earlier series again to make sure I'd have every episode.

Are You Being Served? Series 7 was delayed, I assume due to the death of John Inman. Play say it'll be out on 26th November, and Amazon claim 30th March (2008). I'm more inclined to believe Play in this case, so preorder now and see what happens.

Keeping Up Appearances Series 5 was released on Boxing Day last year.

Are You Being Served? Series 7

See Amazon product listing

Keeping Up Appearances Series 5

See Amazon product listing

You can keep an eye on the latest releases on our coming soon page, or subscribe to one of our RSS feeds.

Also, be sure to subscribe to our DVD newsletter - I'll be sending out a new edition, hopefully later this week.

Once again thanks for the information am going on amazon now to get my Keeping Up Appearences series 5 and will try and pre order the Are you being served as well from play. Cheers. :)

If you're getting it on Play, you could use this link to help us keep the site running! :)

*plug plug*

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1117144/Are-You-Being-Served-Complete-Series-7/Product.html]

i have e-mailed the bbc and they say there are no plans to release birds of a feather but if you want to make a suggestion to 2 entetain.

i have in my archives of birds of a feather series 4 and series 9 as well as some other episodes from different series and does any one know if uktv gold are going to put birds of a feather on again.

if you want to see birds of a feather released try writeing to 2entertain here is the address
2 entertain
33 Foley Street
LONDON W1W 7TL
020 7612 3000

i have also e-mailed the bbc to see if there are any plans to put the rest of the series on to dvd next year but i might not hear untill 1-3 days.

there are episodes of birds of a feather on you tube that you can watch
and when i get e-mailed from bbc information i will let you know

i have also asked the bbc who has rights to birds of a feather so that it can be put on dvd

i have looked on bbc shop and are you being served series 7 is not on there so it must be out next year.

Ah yes, Amazon have pushed the AYBS? date back to 30th March 2008.

On the subject of Birds of a Feather, it was produced by Alomo, who were bought by Freemantle a while back, so they almost certainly own the rights, and are by far the best people to contact - 2entertain is just the current name for BBC Video.

However, it's entirely possible that Prism Leisure hold the rights to the entire series'; it's been rumoured that the series one release was plagued with problems and setbacks, in which case they may have bought the full rights and then decided it's not worth releasing the others.

FYI though, our most often requested DVD releases are Birds of a Feather, 2 Point 4 Children, and Just Good Friends.

Personally, I'd love to see the rest of 'Allo 'Allo! in decent quality.

not seen it

Don't know why, but I actually did lol. :D

birds of a feather has christmas specials as well but when they brought out
series 1 the christmas special was not on there also i am still waiting for bbc information to get back to me but they tell you to write to 2entertain

allo allo has been relased on dvd up to series 5 but it is a volume there is nothink else planned

does any one also know why uktv gold do not show birds of a feather
any more

Jamie, I think that that is probably just a standard response. Since 2entertain didn't release the first series, I wouldn't have thought that they were the best people to get in touch with anyway.

I'll try and chase up some information and get back to you.

i have e-mailed bbc information and they have said that are you being served is due out next year but they can not give a release date and the current time you can check by going on bbc shop or you can ring them on 08700 777 001 for more information for the up comeing dvd
releases or you can e-mail bbc information

'Allo 'Allo! I'm not entirely sure what is happening, but I'm not expecting too much. Universal Playback, who have released series' one to five, are beyond useless.

And UKTV Gold cycle through their programming every now and again. I guess it's just not "cool" at the moment.

And Are You Being Served? series seven, as I said yesterday, is now listed as 30th March 2008 on Amazon UK. If it really isn't released on 26th November, then I'd guess that that will indeed be the date.