What are you reading right now? Page 240

Watership Down is shit. 500 pages and not one sex scene. They're rabbits, aren't they?

I'm still struggling through the Pickwick Papers. It's a werry long book.

I've written a book to eradicate French from English. It's their coup de grace.

Very creepy, but beautifully written and constructed.

Trust my post to be on the other locked thread!

So, finally finished this massive 500 page tome, and I have to say, what a very good read it has been, apart from as I mentioned before, that despite it being an entirely British book, it is written in Americanese - so I ask WHY!?!

Life by Keith Richards

John Cooper Clarke - I wanna be yours

Just started reading Pat Coombs' biography (2021) by her friend Andrew Ross, which he based on her own unfinished biography.

Had to smile when she said people often said she would have made an excellent Olive Oyl, as I often thought that myself over the years, although the much criticised (very unfairly in my eyes) live Popeye film was well catered for by Shelley Duvall imo, who made a wonderful Olive.

The Open Road by former Attractions Bass guitarist Bruce Tomas. Not your usual record of being a rock star. Intriguing.

What's the difference between Harry Potter and your mate? Your mate's in your good books.

Puckoon- spike Milligan

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th October 2022, 7:52 PM

Puckoon- spike Milligan

My Goodness, long time since I read that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2022, 9:09 AM

Just started reading Pat Coombs' biography (2021) by her friend Andrew Ross, which he based on her own unfinished biography.

Had to smile when she said people often said she would have made an excellent Olive Oyl, as I often thought that myself over the years, although the much criticised (very unfairly in my eyes) live Popeye film was well catered for by Shelley Duvall imo, who made a wonderful Olive.

I just finished a biography of her friend Peggy Mount by the same author.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th October 2022, 7:27 AM

I just finished a biography of her friend Peggy Mount by the same author.

? Weird or what - and I have just finished reading Pat Coombs biog., where Peggy is mentioned a lot, especially as it seems she was a lot like her character in real life and for instance, could take an instant dislike to someone, which no one could change her mind on.

Pat, being the laid-back person who didn't court trouble, would just put up with Peggy's moods, but when she really got mad with her, would call her a "silly sausage!"
Peggy Mount's book is now on my wants list.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2022, 11:14 AM

? Weird or what - and I have just finished reading Pat Coombs biog., where Peggy is mentioned a lot, especially as it seems she was a lot like her character in real life and for instance, could take an instant dislike to someone, which no one could change her mind on.

Pat, being the laid-back person who didn't court trouble, would just put up with Peggy's moods, but when she really got mad with her, would call her a "silly sausage!"
Peggy Mount's book is now on my wants list.

Yes! A funny coincidence.
Am writing a thing about Mount.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th October 2022, 12:46 PM

Yes! A funny coincidence.
Am writing a thing about Mount.

Oooh, who for and where can I read it? ?