What are you reading right now? Page 235

Michael, when you say don't spoil a gag you do realise that's all you have? So we have of choice of spoiling your gags, go Ha! or ignoring you completely.

If you take the word CHOICE, turn it round and upside down and then hold it up to the light, it still says 'CHOICE'. So why do it?

Quote: Briosaid @ 11th November 2018, 8:45 PM

Are you buying a ticket for the Spice Girls get together?

Yes. What's the difference between the Spice Girls and my mother's legs? The Spice Girls can get back together.
Back on topic: Ingmar Bergman, 'Images'. He always cheers me up.

Are you planning on being the next Tim Vine because it's a bit full on at the moment? You're not on stage now, less is more. Read your posts back if you don't believe me.

I'm actually a tad disappointed by Bergman's 'Images'. It's based on conversations rather than writing, so it's rather vague and generic. Nice photos but the 'text' isn't very informative... 'Magic Lantern' is far denser.

My favourite writer is Jane Austen. Without her, Helena Bonham Carter would be out of a job.

Are you reading Jane Austen then? O:-)

Totally in the minority but I can't stand Jane Austen. Overpaid, underworked little madams have 456783rd-rate mental breakdowns over whether hubbie wubbie weally does twuly love me. Brontes and Virginia Woolf I could get into, but this is just too cute 'n' twee for me.

Fidel Castro - my life

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th December 2018, 9:12 PM

Fidel Castro - my life

That sounds interesting. How are you finding it?

The true joy of poetry is that it is such an infinite, multi-layered phenomenon. One may return to the same verses time and again, always to discover new depth and truth therein. An opus may appear invigorating in one's youth, wise and pensive in one's middle age, strangely soothing in one's Autumnal years. For poetry is the experience that may never recur, the proverbial fine wine that matures with age, the well of emotion that never runs dry.
My favourite poet is Andrew Dice Clay.

I've never seen you waxing so lyrical, Michael! I couldn't agree more.

Mine is Dylan Thomas as he has force that he projects so well.

Quote: beaky @ 11th December 2018, 3:25 PM

I've never seen you waxing so lyrical, Michael! I couldn't agree more.

About Diceboy? The nature of genius is that it is misunderstood in one's lifetime. When Andie dies, it'll be OMG, he was what got me into comedy in the first place...

Got a heap of books for my birthday the other day and have started with the latest Rebus - 'In a House of Lies'. Rankin hasn't lost his touch.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 11th December 2018, 1:05 PM

My favourite poet is Andrew Dice Clay.

And some fell on stony ground.