What are you reading right now? Page 14

Quote: PhQnix @ June 10 2008, 11:53 AM BST

Also I cut myself shaving this morning, why was it scary enough to make you scream Robyn?

Because Dracula came up behind him when he cut himself and reached for him, and then Dracula touched the crucifix and went back to normal, and Harker is too stupid to think anything of it. Woah-lots of "and"-must've scared me.

Quote: Aaron @ June 10 2008, 11:54 AM BST

Pretty sure that it is!

I would say you (among others) were proof that it isn't, but I don't want you to get a big fat head.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 10 2008, 11:53 AM BST

she was only an average writer. :P

Lies.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 10 2008, 11:54 AM BST

Because Dracula came up behind him when he cut himself and reached for him, and then Dracula touched the crucifix and went back to normal, and Harker is too stupid to think anything of it. Woah-lots of "and"-must've scared me.

I don't scream very often at all, I am finding it hilarious that you screamed at a book!

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2008, 11:55 AM BST

I would say you (among others) were proof that it isn't, but I don't want you to get a big fat head.

:O If you say so!

I think the last time was when I thought a spider was running straight at me, but it turned out to be a leaf.

Yeah, that's not making me look any saner than Scats, is it.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 10 2008, 11:54 AM BST

I can honestly never say I've had an emotional reaction as intense as that whilst reading. I've probably audibly gasped though.

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2008, 11:56 AM BST

I don't scream very often at all, I am finding it hilarious that you screamed at a book!

*turns page*
Robyn: AAAAAHHHHHHH!
Robyn's Mummy: Robyn? What's the matter?!
Robyn: The ink made me jump!

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2008, 11:57 AM BST

I think the last time was when I thought a spider was running straight at me, but it turned out to be a leaf.

Yeah, that's not making me look any saner than Scats, is it.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ June 10 2008, 11:58 AM BST

*turns page*
Robyn: AAAAAHHHHHHH!
Robyn's Mummy: Robyn? What's the matter?!
Robyn: The ink made me jump!

:$ Not exactly.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 10 2008, 11:58 AM BST

I can honestly never say I've had an emotional reaction as intense as that whilst reading. I've probably audibly gasped though.

It was only a little scream-not that that helps...

Cosmic Banditos - A.C. Weisbecker

Blood Meridian (Or the Evening Redness in the West) - Cormac McCarthy

I'm now reading A Midsummer Night's Dream by William 'Not as good as that Potter woman' Shakespeare.

Actually I'm reading the introduction which is longer than the play. It's making me drowsy.

I'm rereading Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. Funniest book ever, although it is more an anti-military novel than anti-war novel.

I like Something Happened by the same author, not least because nothing actually happens until the end. I agree about lightweight fluff, though, I'm much happier reading a Stephen King.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 11 2008, 9:57 AM BST

I'm now reading A Midsummer Night's Dream by William 'Not as good as that Potter woman' Shakespeare.

Actually I'm reading the introduction which is longer than the play. It's making me drowsy.

One of my favourites of his plays! Saw it in an open air theatre a year or so ago, and it was so magical.