What are you reading right now? Page 15

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 11 2008, 7:47 PM BST

One of my favourites of his plays! Saw it in an open air theatre a year or so ago, and it was so magical.

I've just started reading the actual play. It seems good so far.

It's also a bit annoying with all the names though. When I read it a while ago I hated Helena and Hermia both being Hs, although the similarity was obviously intended thematically.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 12 2008, 1:11 PM BST

It's also a bit annoying with all the names though. When I read it a while ago I hated Helena and Hermia both being Hs, although the similarity was obviously intended thematically.

Y'see I think I've found the cure for insomnia. Even though I want to read it and I enjoy the play I keep falling asleep. It's odd and disruptive.

Quote: PhQnix @ June 12 2008, 3:09 PM BST

Y'see I think I've found the cure for insomnia. Even though I want to read it and I enjoy the play I keep falling asleep. It's odd and disruptive.

It's almost hypnotic, maybe? Just throwing that out there.

Quote: Griff @ June 12 2008, 3:11 PM BST

Yes I believe this Shakespeare geezer is going to be a name to look out for.

:P

Robyn, I'd like to put it down to his ability as a writer. His play about dreams is constructed so that the reader will begin to doze, thus halfway between dream and sleep. As a technique it is fantastic. :P

Hehe I'm glad you think of it like that! Laughing out loud

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 12 2008, 3:17 PM BST

Hehe I'm glad you think of it like that! Laughing out loud

It's better than facing the reality that going to bed at 2 O'clock and waking up at 6 is untenable.

Ouch! Although I'm finding myself doing something similar with Dracula, as much as it scares me.

New bet, Elliot. Added to the screaming thing is also the bet that you'll completely love Dr. Seward. He is amahzing. Yes, with an h.

What about him do you like? When I read it I thought he was a rather empty character.

He's just amazing! He does everything he can for Lucy, still blames himself for it all, and lets Arthur swoop in to take all the glory. He's such a sceptic with Van Helsing's ideas, and though that might well show how ingrained society and "truth" are in him, it also shows how willing he is to stick to his guns-and how much it takes for his devotion to Lucy to waver.

It just shows how long love can make an attention span. :)

And him with Renfield! He's decided he's only willing to accept "reality" but still has an overwhelming urge to know how he works, to block out his pain by stopping someone else's.

I feel like one of those Italien chefs from Lady and The Tramp, singing as they eat spaghetti...

How come? If anything, that's what Seward does! One track mind now...