Only Connect Page 16

Some of those questions tonight were, well questionable. :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd November 2015, 8:49 PM GMT

Some of those questions tonight were, well questionable. :S

Agreed. The Captain of the losing team was a dead ringer for Simon Bird.

Did you notice the mistake when one of the teams stated that Del Boy's car was a Reliant Robin; wasn't it a Regal instead?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd November 2015, 9:50 PM GMT

Did you notice the mistake when one of the teams stated that Del Boy's car was a Reliant Robin; wasn't it a Regal instead?

To be fair, they even called it "Reliant Robin" in the series, as far as I can remember. So only Jeremy Clarkson...and you would notice that mistake.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd November 2015, 9:53 PM GMT

To be fair, they even called it "Reliant Robin" in the series, as far as I can remember. So only Jeremy Clarkson...and you would notice that mistake.

How do you know for sure that we're not one and the same person? (adjusts jackets and jeans)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd November 2015, 9:53 PM GMT

I don't remember them calling it anything in the series. But I did know it was a Regal, not a Robin. A Regal is a van.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd November 2015, 4:45 PM GMT

I don't remember them calling it anything in the series. But I did know it was a Regal, not a Robin. A Regal is a van.

I think it was one of the later Christmas specials. The one where Del takes part in a game show. I remember Jonathan Ross asking something like: "How many wheels does a Weliant Wobin have?" followed by Del Boy smiling knowingly.
So, they didn't talk explicitely about the Trotter's model but to me as a non expert it did seem as such.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th November 2014, 7:04 PM GMT

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th June 2016, 11:30 AM BST

am impressed with these - they make me smile. :)

You randy old goat!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 13th June 2016, 7:55 PM BST

You randy old goat!

You are indeed.

My friend's son was a member of 'The Gamesmasters' in an earlier series. He turned up on somebody's 'Beautiful Boys' board on Pinterest. Lovey

As this thread has been resurrected - have banged in another load of questions for the next series that they are recording now, but have heard little back - only that one of mine has been used so far............... :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2016, 10:17 AM BST

As this thread has been resurrected - have banged in another load of questions for the next series that they are recording now, but have heard little back - only that one of mine has been used so far............... :(

Oh well, one's better than nothing. Do you get remunerated on a question by question basis?

Have you tried reading this thread? Sorry.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 14th June 2016, 6:39 PM BST

Oh well, one's better than nothing. Do you get remunerated on a question by question basis?

Yes, it was £30 per last time, and as I said........."so far" so am hoping that when the dust has settled and the progs. in the can that I will have more than one they have used! Otherwise this is the last series I will contribute to as it is too much time spent for little reward.

It's back on Monday, 11th July - BBC2. Huzzah!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 10th July 2016, 10:45 PM BST

It's back on Monday, 11th July - BBC2. Huzzah!

Yes, 8.30 and I will have to watch to see what ones if any they have used of mine I submitted as I have had absolutely no communication from them at all and am right pissed off about it. Angry

I will certainly not be bothering with series 13 if it is ever commissioned.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2016, 9:47 AM BST

Yes, 8.30 and I will have to watch to see what ones if any they have used of mine I submitted as I have had absolutely no communication from them at all and am right pissed off about it. Angry

I will certainly not be bothering with series 13 if it is ever commissioned.

That's quite cheeky. Do you think that it's lost some of its nerdy/geeky/niche appeal since it jumped ship from BBC4 to BBC2?