Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - Series 5 Page 4

Bill O'Reilly, wasn't it?
I think so.

Ah that one. Yeah. Cock.

Hes the guy who thinks theres a war on christmas the deusche bag (thats American for Arsehole)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 10, 2007, 5:24 PM

I can't believe you wrote that, AJP.

You a fan then? Power of Nightmares was good untill Madrid and 7/7 happened. Kind of pissed on his bonfire. And as for the Trap is think the T should be replaced with C. If he believes the stuff he says in that series why on earth would he use the very medium of 'control' to inform the masses?

I didn't find his last show very funny, given that he has a go at boring tv I actually checked how long was left!

I found out recently that Charlie Brooker's first job was writing for a comic, called 'Oink!', when he was a teenager. I then realised that I bought the very first issue, when I was in Primary school. I remembered it, because it came with a free floppy 7" record stuck to the cover. It was a novelty rap, about pigs, and the record was tranparent pink. I remember being pissed off, because I lost it, before I had a chance to play it, due to my old record player being broken at the time.

You should write to him. I'm sure he has a copy somewhere!

It seems that he and Aisleyne (BB) are bezzie mates now.

Weird.

This series ain't been to good.

:(

Quote: zooo @ October 17, 2007, 12:26 AM

It seems that he and Aisleyne (BB) are bezzie mates now.

Weird.

Whats more wierd is how you know that. Do they publish it in Heat

This is still a great show. How funny? Who cares. If the state of TV is less funny than it was that isn't wholly Charlie's fault (though he is admittedly responsible for a few bits here and there). The best bits for me are the bigger pieces about the TV industry, and on that score it is every bit as good as ever.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 17, 2007, 12:31 AM

Whats more wierd is how you know that. Do they publish it in Heat

Only if Charlie Brooker gets 'dangerously thin'.

She was on it today, being street. And she's been in it before. Well, all of twice.

But still...

Tonight's episode was the best screenwipe in ages Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ October 24, 2007, 1:28 AM

Tonight's episode was the best screenwipe in ages Laughing out loud

Agreed!
Pitty its the last of the current series :(

Quote: charlier @ October 24, 2007, 2:02 AM

Pitty its the last of the current series :(

Agreed! :(

Yes, it was very good. I'm sticking by my original opinion though. This series just hasn't been nearly as harsh, biting, or unashamedly honest as previous.