Kirrin Island April 2014 Page 3

I've just sent my two sketches! On to the one-liners! :D

Quote: Bonzo @ 5th May 2014, 6:24 PM BST

I've just sent my two sketches! On to the one-liners! :D

Thanks Jane, I'd forgotten what this thread was about!
;)

:D

Quote: StephenM @ 5th May 2014, 11:23 PM BST

Thanks Jane, I'd forgotten what this thread was about!
;)

It's the blue pills on a Tuesday dear! ;)

Oh bloody hell aye. Forgot the one-liners!

Must make a note to look at those this week at some point.

I've stuck in two sketches.

I found it a little tricky striking the balance between satire and making it Kirrin Islandy. But it was a lot of fun.

So far I have one one-liner. Not really worth the keystrokes.

Mike

REMINDER: Deadline is today, peeps! Get those sketches in if you are submitting.

Thanks

Dan

Quote: mikemcc @ 7th May 2014, 7:56 AM BST

I've stuck in two sketches.

I found it a little tricky striking the balance between satire and making it Kirrin Islandy. But it was a lot of fun.

So far I have one one-liner. Not really worth the keystrokes.

Mike

I'll admit that's a problem we all face. The easiest way to cheat is to replace the UK figure with a KI figure e.g. Cameron with Citizen Smith, Ed with Ed Milivaniliband, Nick Clegg with Dick Legg or Nigel Farage with Nigel Barrage. Or you could bring said person over to the island for a special trip and then let the hilarity happen.

In the worst case scenario make it funny and send it to us and if we like it'll we'll give you some notes to make it Kirrin Islandy.

Nigel Barrage! Dammit that's better than mine.

Good advice Stephen, thanks.

Quote: mikemcc @ 7th May 2014, 1:59 PM BST

I used a "resident" (Joanna Glumley) - first time I've tried doing that. And I concur, it's lots of fun! :D

Instant feedback from script editor: (You don't get that on NJ!)

It's always good to put the person reading your sketch in a good mood when they open it. Ways to put him/her in a bad mood are:

(1) Not using the recommended template - it means more work for us down the line
(2) Not deleting the name of the last show you sent the sketch to

It may seem small but it does make us think "they want us to give up our time to read it but they haven't taken the time to make it right for our show".

I'll hopefully have a more positive post later!

Quote: mikemcc @ 7th May 2014, 1:59 PM BST

Can't claim credit for Barrage as several people came up with that idea!

Hello Stephen

Re your post above....

I would have thought that the Kirrin Island sketches are too Kirrin Islandy to have previously been sent elsewhere?

Also, will you let people know if they are not using the right format, because personally I'm never sure and just use Word and tabs.

Thank you!

Jane. :)

I just want to add this (in case it's me).

It may say 'Newsjack' in the header of the document but this could be because the person (possibly me) used a Word document that they had used for those bastards, I mean lovely folk at the BBC.

They (me?) may have deleted the content and used as a blank template and then got excited and sent the document forgetting to change the header.

Such people (me) most definitely wrote brand new sketches specifically for Kirrin Island, trying their best to follow the brief.

Mike.

P.S. Checked my headers and it wasn't me. Suckers!

One-liners submitted. On a bit of a run of getting stuff on things at the minute (mostly News Revue) so fingers crossed.

Just sent off my rewrite and my one liners... Night night.