Kirrin Island April 2014 Page 4

Quote: mikemcc @ 9th May 2014, 3:30 PM BST

I just want to add this (in case it's me).

It may say 'Newsjack' in the header of the document but this could be because the person (possibly me) used a Word document that they had used for those bastards, I mean lovely folk at the BBC.

They (me?) may have deleted the content and used as a blank template and then got excited and sent the document forgetting to change the header.

Such people (me) most definitely wrote brand new sketches specifically for Kirrin Island, trying their best to follow the brief.

Mike.

P.S. Checked my headers and it wasn't me. Suckers!

Not so fast Mike. I got a mail from the producer at The Show What You Wrote II saying that my sketches had headers for previous shows on them. I checked my version and they hadn't but I use a PC and he was on a Mac and it seems that, somehow, that had picked up the fact that I had taken an old file and replaced the content (to keep the formatting) showing the history of the document. He was very nice about it but pointed out it might upset some readers. Not sure how it happened, but I'll be formatting from scratch from now on.

Blimey! I always over type - I'll use new doc for everything now! Thanks for the tip.

Quote: Ponderer @ 19th May 2014, 2:08 PM BST

Not so fast Mike. I got a mail from the producer at The Show What You Wrote II saying that my sketches had headers for previous shows on them. I checked my version and they hadn't but I use a PC and he was on a Mac and it seems that, somehow, that had picked up the fact that I had taken an old file and replaced the content (to keep the formatting) showing the history of the document. He was very nice about it but pointed out it might upset some readers. Not sure how it happened, but I'll be formatting from scratch from now on.

Clever stuff! I do hope this doesn't start some sort of super-geek metadata discussion though.

Quote: Bonzo @ 19th May 2014, 2:15 PM BST

Blimey! I always over type - I'll use new doc for everything now! Thanks for the tip.

Me too. From now on, a new template for each new submission window.

That's scary/massively annoying because I always overwrite rather than waste time creating a perfectly formatted blank template from scratch. Bloody Apple

If you've overtyped an old document for Kirrin Island I wouldn't worry about it. I was more highlighting the case where people had sent it very non-KI stuff and made it very obvious it had already been submitted elsewhere.

The main gripe is not that words/phrases like 'TSWYW' are left lying around more that it's clear someone hasn't read the brief and has just sent a random sketch they like!

Anyway many more positives to talk about from the submissions and hopefully you'll hear some of them in the final show!

Any news on when the next episode will be uploaded?

Ponderer,
We tend to have a deliberately fuller script editing process than some other shows.
If you're interested it's explained here; http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/making-of-kipod/putting-show-together/

We're at the Writer's Room stage this weekend - which we all find very enjoyable, but it means we're a little way away yet from the finished podcast. For info, we've got 70 sketches in play at the moment.

We didn't move away from being a topical podcast to a semi-topical podcast for nothing!

Alison

Thanks Alison.

Guess we'll just have tyo wait a bit then.

I know that the answer is probably a yes but does not getting any rewrite requests mean that I shouldn't get my hopes up for having anything in play?

Quote: tiggerdwc @ 30th May 2014, 12:30 PM BST

I know that the answer is probably a yes but does not getting any rewrite requests mean that I shouldn't get my hopes up for having anything in play?

Not necessarily - don't rule it out. It will all change over the weekend where we go from about 50 sketches down to 20 or so for the script. So rather than notify people ad-hoc I expect we'll update those who took time to submit in one orderly chunk.

I've still got one sketch in play but apparently even the Producer's work is no longer considered sacrosanct. Damn those Script Eds.....

Alison

Hope the writing day went well.

Looking forward to hearing the finished article.

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 1st June 2014, 9:14 PM BST

Hope the writing day went well.

I got to sing with Steve Sunshine, so a great success

Always an exciting project.

ooh, just seen this on the Kirrin Island website:

** NEWS: Writers' Room complete. KIPOD6 now ready to be recorded. **

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

:D

Quote: Bonzo @ 25th June 2014, 12:15 PM BST

ooh, just seen this on the Kirrin Island website:

** NEWS: Writers' Room complete. KIPOD6 now ready to be recorded. **

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

:D

Yes, recording set for next week. And then some very swift editing. Whilst you're waiting for KIPOD6 you can always catch-up with another BCG-written sketch show which is Fast Forward 50 https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/30390/
I did agree to support Mr Ponderer. Good luck with that podcast :)