Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe 2014 Page 7

I thought it was funny, and it had a fair bit of new stuff too.

Good stuff this week, for a comp show!

Now imagine if he did only a monthly wipe and had time to write and compile on the best bits? This show would be the nuts.

A clips show is pretty bad form; a clips show from a man whose whole career has been poiting out lazy, poor and intelligence insulting TV is completley unforgivable.

Quote: gappy @ 16th February 2014, 11:51 AM GMT

A clips show is pretty bad form; a clips show from a man whose whole career has been poiting out lazy, poor and intelligence insulting TV is completley unforgivable.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Unless the player has made a career out of hating the game themselves.

We are running the risk of doing everyone's favourite miser / Scotsman / Jew gag - 'The food here is disgusting...and such small portions'.

Though I do find the budget excuse to be most amusing - how much does it cost for a bloke to watch telly and tell us it's not very good? Maybe every episode is made from crushed up Faberge Eggs and vintage Ferraris.

Part of the budget is surely based on how much a TV show is going to make. Current affairs shows like Weekly Wipe have very limited prospects for additional profits in the area of DVD sales or re-runs.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th January 2014, 3:15 PM GMT

Yes.

And, unlike The Daily Show, it was funny.

You know, I'm not the biggest Daily Show fan at all, but based on everything I've seen you write on here from the small amount of time I spend here, for someone who is such a die hard fan of comedy you probably have one of the worst senses of humour and feel for quality comedy that I've ever encountered. So anytime there's a new show out that you hate, give me a call, I'm sure it's probably hilarious.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Sal Paradise @ 19th February 2014, 8:53 AM GMT

You know, I'm not the biggest Daily Show fan at all, but based on everything I've seen you write on here from the small amount of time I spend here, for someone who is such a die hard fan of comedy you probably have one of the worst senses of humour and feel for quality comedy that I've ever encountered. So anytime there's a new show out that you hate, give me a call, I'm sure it's probably hilarious.

I'm flattered you pay me such attention. I henceforth bow humbly before you, Sir, the global arbiter of 'quality' in comedy.

If you can't wait for the next season of Weekly Wipe, there's a Charlie-esque piece up at ihedgehog.co.uk on the articles page taking a swipe at, amongst other things, the Christmas special of Top Gear!

Quote: Aaron @ 19th February 2014, 12:43 PM GMT

I'm flattered you pay me such attention. I henceforth bow humbly before you, Sir, the global arbiter of 'quality' in comedy.

I feel quite sorry for Aaron (although, to be fair he's had the past eleven months to get over it.) We don't see eye-to-eye about classic sitcoms such as 'Bless This House', but I'm an adult and this difference of opinion doesn't keep me awake at night.

Quote: Sonic da Hedgehog @ 26th January 2015, 12:17 AM GMT

If you can't wait for the next season of Weekly Wipe, there's a Charlie-esque piece up at ihedgehog.co.uk on the articles page taking a swipe at, amongst other things, the Christmas special of Top Gear!

Ooh thanks, I'm looking forward to Thursday's new series of 'Weekly Wipe' and I'll check this out in the meantime.