Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe 2014 Page 6

I watched this tonight on catch-up.

It was the "expert" who said, "Eventually we'll have computers that can control our minds." (or something like that)

To which she asked, "Oh, like Derren Brown?"

"No, not quite like that."

"Paul McKenna?"

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 31st January 2014, 2:27 PM GMT

(perhaps with Joe Wilkinson playing a different 'expert' every week but playing them all exactly the same).

Oh, God, no. Pairing up her with Joe Wilkinson would be an awful double act.

Oh, wait...

Yep. Awful.

I can imagine that duo on Britain's Got Talent. Cowell would say, "Okay, the girl has talent, but lose the unfunny drippy guy with the beard."

Yes, 'cause Cowell certainly knows his comedy. ;)

Quote: zooo @ 2nd February 2014, 9:44 PM GMT

Yes, 'cause Cowell certainly knows his comedy. ;)

Have you seen his haircut?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ 2nd February 2014, 9:42 PM GMT

I watched this tonight on catch-up.

It was the "expert" who said, "Eventually we'll have computers that can control our minds." (or something like that)

To which she asked, "Oh, like Derren Brown?"

"No, not quite like that."

"Paul McKenna?"

Cheers Mikey.

How fascinating Zooo imagined a much better joke than the show actually used.

It was just on and I've forgotten most it. That's not a good sign, is it?

It was a bit soggy, I mean the isn't Putin a bit gay such an old, old joke from a show that used to be cutting edge.

And they played the whole f**king Hive ad, I hate that ad.

Just no bite, this was the show that used to be mad and savage and edgy.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th February 2014, 10:56 PM GMT

It was a bit soggy, I mean the isn't Putin a bit gay such an old, old joke from a show that used to be cutting edge.

It's not just him, other topical wags have been showing footage of the official Winter Olympic outfits worn by the Russians and have made the same surprisingly insightful comment 'Talk about gay, look at their outfits, they've got colours in them...that's what gays like...colours'. Thankfully, that's not a condescendingly stereotypical observation.

It's a short walk into the realms of homophobia.

Cunk came into her own this week, I laughed where I would usually groan which means either she was better or I'm warming up to her. Limmy was also good in his own unique way. Charlie looked like the back end of a beaver.

Laughed a lot at Cunk's bit.

Really enjoyed the way that they nodded, winked and smiled their way through this massive rip off of a sixth episode.

It was like getting an unexpected compliment from the person raping you.

There's enough stuff out there Charlie, no need to take the piss out of your viewers as well Rolling eyes

Apparently they only get given enough money to make five actual brand new episodes. Why they still have a sixth episode at all in that case is the question, but that's what Brooker said on Twitter, getting that in before everyone complained at him again like last time.

I particulary liked Cunk and Shitpeas dissing Screenwipe.