Tell us a joke Page 285

I agree and some of it was amazing especially the craft of double entendres along with the artistic skills on display.
They remain important to comedic history and they rightly have their own section on here and that's fine.
But what's going up at the moment is the worse of it, and its not on it's really not.
If he put them in his front window of his house instead of on here.
He would be hounded out there is no doubts about it.
Somethings die for a good reason and levels of acceptability often rise and fall given the amount of civility a society has.
At this present time his output unacceptable its just that simple.

Ding ding. Back to your corners.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th November 2022, 5:49 PM

Oh of course. Stupid of me not to realise that.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st December 2022, 9:27 PM

Ding ding. Back to your corners.

Dave! I'm disappointed in you. You started this, and this is the best you can come up with? Tut Tut

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 1st December 2022, 4:58 PM

Let's call a truce, we don't like each other, it happens.

And you know why that animosity exists don't you, or have you got your selective memory button pressed on?

It's because, for some reason you took it on yourself to call me not only racist, but also homophobic, with absolutely nothing to substantiate your claim - just sheer bloody mindedness, and I seem to remember you were made to begrudgingly apologise to me, but it was a weak apology, and I've never forgotten that, as previous I had no reason to not like you - so you only have yourself to blame.

And as for the postcards - if you don't think they should be on the site, then rather than be the self-appointed forum's guardian, use the "Report" button, and if Aaron or Mark says "No more", then I'll stop; BUT this is an adult comedy website, so again think on.

Also, I notice you don't complain about the language that Michael uses in his posts, there's enough effin Cs to make Roy Chubby Brown blush. Doesn't bother me, and apparently not you either - so you'd be happy to use that language, that is, and I quote you "If someone showed (said that) stuff like that to someones wife a daughter or niece on a bus", and again, hypocrisy on your part.

As Stephen said, the seaside postcards were on ready display outside shops on big revolving/fixed stands for all to see - you didn't have to go into the shop and sidle up to the counter and say to the shop owner "Ere, chief.......(beckons him closer)....you got any them, er, you know............saucy postcards under the counter there. Know what I mean, nudge, nudge wink wink"

OR have some Flash Harry approach you on the sea front promenade "'Ello Squire. You look a man of the world. Fancy buying a saucy postcard. No filth, and summat you can show even the vicar's wife. Tanner each, or six for half a dollar"

And I know what you'll say now, like some demented parrot "Of its time, of its time. 70s filth, 70s filth"

By that same token, we shouldn't have any mention of say Max Miller or the comedians who were on "The Comedians" TV show et al, or Chubby Brown (who I am NOT a fan of, by the way)

So, speak up (to the "authorities") or shut up.

Yes at least the Saucy seaside pics are on their own thread, which does what it says on the tin
so it's easy to avoid/ignore. so I've no problem with whatever might be on there

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd December 2022, 9:28 PM

Yes at least the Saucy seaside pics are on their own thread, which does what it says on the tin
so it's easy to avoid/ignore. so I've no problem with whatever might be on there

Thank you Steve - somebody talking sense at last.

What did the lesbian vampire say to her girlfriend?

"See you next month".

Quote: a plate @ 3rd December 2022, 1:02 AM

What did the lesbian vampire say to her girlfriend?

"See you next month".

?

A Scotsman, Irishman and a Welshman walk into a bar - there usually would be an Englishman in this joke, but he's still at the World Cup.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th November 2022, 3:55 PM

If you have to look it up, it's not a joke.

I'm going to skim over the rest of the bickering here, but this is patently untrue.

You're just being snide now.

2 O'clock in the morning I suddenly heard my neighbour knocking loudly on the wall. Who starts banging on his neighbour's wall at that time of the morning? Most inconsiderate.

Luckily I was up anyway practising my bagpipes.

That reminds me of this classic from the one and only Max Wall - comedy legend

Oh no, I came home yesterday to find all the doors prized open and everything inside gone.

I'm going to have to buy a new Advent calendar today.

Nice one Steve

My latest heating bill came with a free Advent calendar
But I'm not allowed to open any of the windows