Man Down - Series 1 Page 6

I enjoyed this enough to stick with it although I didn't really get any laughs from it. To me it was kind of like if a show like Mrs. Brown's Boys or Citizen Khan had tried to "grow up" and become more serious. Does that make sense, or am I trying to be too smart?

Have to say of all the comedy I've seen recently this is pretty good. Not a great deal of sitcoms make any impression on me these days but this was funny. I love his interaction with the kids and his mum basically doing insults and put downs. Brilliant.

Will Series 2 be on TV this year or next? I have not heard any news on it since the sudden death of Rik Mayall. If they over-filmed or had extra footage deleted or cut due to running times then there would a chance he could appear in it. Anyway, Greg seems to be taking his time not to make any rushed plans which is respectful.

Quote: newmiyamoto @ 4th December 2013, 4:14 PM GMT

- Greg was an actual drama teacher and the show is loosely based on parts of his life (exaggerated for effect obviously)

That says it all!

Anyone know if Series 2 will be on this year? The Christmas show was not too bad. Nice tribute to Rik at the end. Things seem to have gone very tight lipped with Man Down.

I love Man Down, Greg Davies stand up Shooting Cheeseballs at a Dog's Head (whatever it was called) is funny as hell and introduced his drama class and his father.
It made it more funny having backgrounds for the characters. Rik went out in style, he was great as Greg's father.
Looking forward to a 2nd series.

Just started watching this. Not laugh out loud but compared to most of the shitty shows on TV masquerading as comedies it's not bad.