- 19th July: Radio Times launches a poll to name the best sitcom since 2000
- 21st June: Steven Berkoff and Mark Hamill join Man Down Series 3
- 20th May: Tony Robinson returns to comedy in Man Down
- 2013 - 2016
- Channel 4
- 20 (3 series)
- Greg Davies, Roisin Conaty, Mike Wozniak, Gwyneth Powell, Jeany Spark, Stephanie Cole, Rik Mayall, Ashley McGuire and others
- Greg Davies, Stephen Morrison and Sian Harries
- Matt Lipsey and Al Campbell
- Spencer Millman and Toby Welch
Sitcom written by and starring Greg Davies.
Dan is a childish idiot trapped in an adult's life. He has crushing character flaws, a uniquely dysfunctional set of friends, a teaching job he loathes, and a wilfully insane father conspiring to keep this man down.
Dan's world is at near collapse as Man Down starts. His girlfriend Naomi is fast running out of patience with his inability to navigate the simplest of life tasks, while his best friends are Jo who has, what can only be described as, the loosest of grasp on reality and Brian, a straight-laced financial adviser who is regularly dumbfounded by the complete idiocy of his two friends.
To compound matters Dan's listless teaching career sees him begrudgingly teach a version of the same lesson every day, inexplicably popular with all but one of the pupils, with his only highlight coming in the form of Miss Lipsey, a head mistress who views Dan with a mixture of pity and despair.
In Series 1 Dan is also tormented daily by his father, whose driving motivation in life seems to be to ensure his son is humiliated at every turn and to physically harm, but keeping it all under the radar of his wife and Dan's mum.
In Series 2, Dan's dad has died... but his fearsome Aunty Nesta is now around the house causing him just as much pain and stress.
In Series 3, Dan is at a crossroads in his life - he knows he can't go on, he must do something. The Head Teacher sees right through Dan's incompetence in the classroom and, as such, he is facing a disciplinary and may lose the only thing he has left in life: his teaching job.
Use the menu bar above to access more pages, including...