Why are people stupid? Page 8

That's very morbid!

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ August 31, 2007, 10:58 AM

In 5 billion years... when our sun has burnt all its fuel and swollen to engulf the Earth and inner planets... none of this is going to matter.

You mean all of this is going to matter Laughing out loud I made a physhics joke

I have a degree in physics

Smoking, drug taking, drinking etc. can be addictive. Maybe we should be more tolerant and consider that some peeps need help with this stuff. Some fat folk have food addiction, or perhaps medication that contributes to their problem. Some people use drugs/alcohol etc. to escape. I am not condoning any of this. The reasons why people do what they do are as varied as the number of 'vices' out there. We all have opinions about what we do and don't like and what we find acceptable, but do stop and take a moment to consider the reason why people are like they are, and what our attitudes say about us.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 31, 2007, 11:16 AM

That's very morbid!

The truth often is... ;)

Quote: ajp29 @ August 31, 2007, 11:39 AM

You mean all of this is going to matter Laughing out loud I made a physhics joke

AND you were drunk when you did it... :)

I asked this question to a friend a few weeks back, the answer was "Because i can". It is the psychology of if you tell someone they can't do something, it becomes the first thing they want to do.

I love that line...

Armageddon outta here!

There are worse habbits than smoking.
Some peeps cut their toenails in bed. I am sure at some point a nail has flown up & gouged someones eyeball out. (You cant go blind through smoking)
Then there is the obese people who are so big that when you pass them on the towpath, their left buttock swings and pushes you into the canal. Not everyone can swim. (You cant drown through smoking).
I dont hear any arguments about the peeps who stand in the corner shooting heroin into their arm then popping off to mug your granny. I would never commit such a henus crime for my next puff ona roll-up.

You can go blind through smoking and you can drowned in smoke :P if not the smoke itself, the huge swelling tumors will certainly have a go.

You can get tumours without smoking, or from passive smoking.
I am not bothered either way with the ban anyhoo.
I am not a proper hardened smoker. I just have one when I want one.

Yes but your chances are increased, duh!

;)

Yes, you can get tumours from X Rays, which you get when you break out into smoker's cough, lose control of your legs, and fall down some steps.

Not correct though - it's the other way around - we're matter at the moment. Yeah, I know, I'm a geek.

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ August 31, 2007, 10:58 AM

In 5 billion years... when our sun has burnt all its fuel and swollen to engulf the Earth and inner planets... none of this is going to matter.

But in the meantime...

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Charley @ August 31, 2007, 3:25 PM

There are worse habbits than smoking.
Some peeps cut their toenails in bed. I am sure at some point a nail has flown up & gouged someones eyeball out. (You cant go blind through smoking)
Then there is the obese people who are so big that when you pass them on the towpath, their left buttock swings and pushes you into the canal. Not everyone can swim. (You cant drown through smoking).
I dont hear any arguments about the peeps who stand in the corner shooting heroin into their arm then popping off to mug your granny. I would never commit such a henus crime for my next puff ona roll-up.

You're continuing to prove the point about smokers making pathetic excuses.

Quote: zooo @ August 30, 2007, 11:13 PM

Let's call it Why Does David Post On Threads Without Reading The Last Two Posts. :)

I did read the last 2 posts but still don't know why.

Is this a fascist form of censorship?

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 31, 2007, 6:45 PM

Not correct though - it's the other way around - we're matter at the moment. Yeah, I know, I'm a geek.

I never said I had a degree in physics

I have a degree in physics

Erm................... *runs to exit*