BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 73

Hey Don! Good to see you!

Sticking by Mirallas paid off for you again this week. :)

Just bought my first Palace player for the season.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 11th January 2014, 12:13 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

I think there was an answer buried in there somewhere if you looked carefully enough. :D

Whittingham. There!

No! Wrong!

Wittingham 2-5 Sterling

Which wouldn't be so bad except that I am losing my H2H with Splodge 84-81!

Dan

Quote: George Kaplan @ 13th January 2014, 12:20 PM GMT

Hey Don! Good to see you!

Sticking by Mirallas paid off for you again this week. :)

Hi George. TBH, I've been trying to get rid of him for months but there are so few alternatives. Hope all is grand with you.

Quote: swerytd @ 13th January 2014, 12:42 PM GMT

No! Wrong!

Wittingham 2-5 Sterling

Which wouldn't be so bad except that I am losing my H2H with Splodge 84-81!

Dan

81 friggin' points! Jesus wept! I don't think I've hit over 70 all season. And then only once/twice.

Maybe check my position in the League before taking my advice next time. :D

I said it would be a close call.

If you're a Hammer, will you be bringing in a Hairy Striker (Andy Carroll) now that he's up and running?

Quote: don rushmore @ 13th January 2014, 2:11 PM GMT

Hi George. TBH, I've been trying to get rid of him for months but there are so few alternatives. Hope all is grand with you.

One thing I'm possibly learning in my first season is being patient with your players, although I've taken that to psychotic levels with Soldado. :)

Didn't have the best 2013 (nothing too serious), so hoping 2014 will be an improvement. Hope you're on the up?

Yeah, keeping Soldado was a HUGE mistake. But all in all, the only reason you're 3rd from last is cos you haven't got Suarez. That aside, I don't think there's been a great deal wrong with your squad this season.

Small improvement here. Off to the Palace/Hull match on the 28th. So yes, looking forward to that.

Quote: don rushmore @ 13th January 2014, 3:18 PM GMT

Small improvement here. Off to the Palace/Hull match on the 28th. So yes, looking forward to that.

Very glad to hear things are improving a bit. All the best!

I need JS to keep a clean sheet for me against Hull, possibly with a penalty save for good measure. Hull might have the mercurial Jelavic by then who can be clinical on his day.

Quote: don rushmore @ 13th January 2014, 2:37 AM GMT

Happy New Year to the 9 that sent me good wishes. Doom and misery to the rest.

I've swallowed some tough pills in my time, but the one you're chomping on right now must be the size of a tambourine. Hard lines, mate.

Happy New Year Don and too you all. I love you all as men but would like to see you dissolved in acid in fantasy league terms.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the site admin about my wc but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't reply or fix their error. After all they couldn't even get the iPhone app out this year.

77pts and I've got a red arrow, which is f**king infuriating. I should have passed Ben and be just 14pts behind Rosscoff. Instead I'm 18pts behind Don. Thanks to Don and Steve for their compassion - the rest of you can eat medical waste.

Find solace here, Godot. In the year 2060, when I reminisce about my time playing FF, this f**k up will be the ONLY thing I remember.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th January 2014, 1:52 PM GMT

77pts and I've got a red arrow, which is f**king infuriating. I should have passed Ben and be just 14pts behind Rosscoff. Instead I'm 18pts behind Don. Thanks to Don and Steve for their compassion - the rest of you can eat medical waste.

Quite frankly I don't think I could take it. I now take it personally if any of my players don't perform and/or are found out clubbing the night before a big game. As for losing points through site error I might have to take drastic action and put up that nude photo of Sam Allardyce. Then throw myself under the nearest tram.

Welcome back to the 'Don'. I've missed my portion of acerbic abuse and look forward to many hours of insult's and jibes. No-one tell him I actually captained Oscar at one point for God's sake!

Hi, pal. Can't fault you this season, team doing great. :)

Good to see Don back & hopefully on the mend
He's been sorely missed
We can just pretend that Godots mishap was a points deduction for being a sweary c**t & may be overturned by FIFA once the season ends.

Thanks, Steve. Nice of you to say. :)

Ok my team is ready for GW 22
I may swap my goalie though, haven't decided

Having a look at transfer targets for future weeks
But hopefully won't have to change too much as long as Adebayor performs.
He & Ozil are the only ones at risk of being shown the door.

Özil's debut for OBP (Villa game) was a bit underwhelming. A couple of sublime passes and a pre-assist was about as exciting as it got, though he does radiate class and ease, even when he muffs a simple pass.

Adebayor already looks knackered and a bit of a spent force.

Well he's a good price to upgrade or make some money from
So I'll keep an eye on him closely on Saturday/Sunday whenever.

What about Wilshere?
He's an interesting prospect