BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 75

Quote: Ben @ 18th January 2014, 8:46 PM GMT

Why are people obsessed with me going down.

It's mainly Vladimir Putin that's concerned with this sort of behaviour I believe.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th January 2014, 9:52 AM GMT

Morning and a belated Happy New Year/Get Well Soon to all. Please delete as appropriate. I believe someone is contacting them over fiddly procedures etc. Please mention their clock is 3 minutes fast and would they mind reimbursing my points too. Good stats and nerdy stuff, operations a little dodgy, and points system is wrong looking.

Hatricks should gain a maximum bonus, it's still an achievement to get 3 in a match. And what about a loyalty bonus to those who keep players for a long run of matches? I think it needs spicing up and more chances for back runners to catch up. Seems if you have a great start, it's hard to get caught. Angry

I wrote to them three times about my cock up and received no reply. Don't believe the 'we aim to answer all queries within two days' bollocks. There's no-one there. This is a company that f**ked up the launch of their paid game and postponed and then cancelled their iphone/android ap. They are - like almost anything connected with football administration - absolutely useless.

Hat tricks should get an extra bonus. I know you agreed with me over GW9 where Vertongen got 12pts for a CS and 1 assist versus 17pts for Suarez for a hat trick. That's quite ridiculous. The handing out of 3pt bonuses like sweeties is one of the factors that has made the game uncompetitive this season.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th January 2014, 9:52 AM GMT

Seems if you have a great start, it's hard to get caught. Angry

That's always been true. See Gerry last season and Steve this. Gerry played consistently well throughout and deserved to win but he got in front with a bit of luck.

Steve is currently 4683 out of 3million plus, which makes him one of the best players in the world. I don't think he would claim that was true.

An element of the game is Bingo. The best indication of ability is how many how many green arrows you have. Even then, doing well at this game proves f**k all - just that you follow football closely.

Quote: Splodge @ 19th January 2014, 9:43 AM GMT

I've shown Özil the door and bought in Januzaj for a (club record) 3rd time.

And he's still shit.

Quote: roscoff @ 19th January 2014, 9:23 AM GMT

Potential deal breaker as Evra and Walker potentially out today with subs not scoring much. Just one point ahead of my cup opponent. Tense times!

Good luck, Ross!

I went out the Cup last week. If I'd stuck with my pre-Wildcard team, I reckon I'd have got through. 5/6 of my injury list ended up playing!

Walker plays today!

Your match looks close. Hazard is probably your biggest worry, but I think you look stronger on paper.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th January 2014, 11:37 AM GMT

The handing out of 3pt bonuses like sweeties is one of the factors that has made the game uncompetitive this season.

Many FF games available. Wouldn't mind trying a different version next season - one without bonus pts. Good/bad idea?

Thanks George. Sorry about your cup departure. Might all hinge on my half time team talk. I'm planning on chucking a cup of Bovril over Adebayor the lazy git!

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th January 2014, 1:21 PM GMT

Many FF games available. Wouldn't mind trying a different version next season - one without bonus pts. Good/bad idea?

Good. However I would go further and say one without captains. It's just pot luck half the time and although we've all benefited and suffered from it I think it just adds to the 'luck' side of the game.

Good luck in the Cup to Gerry too, and anyone else in the BCGC!

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th January 2014, 1:21 PM GMT

My cousin persuaded me to join one of the Newspaper ones - Telegraph, I think, but it was much worse than the EPL one. We could look into it I guess. I think they will change the bonus point system again for next year, though, since it's so obviously skewing the results.

Remember last year's "man in the stand" bonus system? That was awful too. But yeah, I'll look for a game without bonus pts and captains. George, the Metro version you played, any good?

It was pretty basic eg no subs, but that was a few years ago. (Just like now, I had Glen Johnson in my team, but back then he was playing for Portsmouth.) Maybe it's got more *sophisticated* now to keep up with its rivals?

I've got happy memories as I did a lot better than this time around, but back then I was less squeamish about picking Gooners, not quite so brilliantly self-destructive in other ways, and I maybe had beginners luck. Plus, the mini-league I played in was nothing like as tough as this bunch of baby-faced assassins. :D

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th January 2014, 11:37 AM GMT

Steve is currently 4683 out of 3million plus, which makes him one of the best players in the world. I don't think he would claim that was true.

Well the table doesn't lie Whistling nnocently

Adebayor got himself a stay of execution today
Ozil however is on his way out of the door.

Quote: Splodge @ 19th January 2014, 9:43 AM GMT

I've shown Özil the door and bought in Januzaj for a (club record) 3rd time.

Was that in order to get Aguero in?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th January 2014, 4:56 PM GMT

Was that in order to get Aguero in?

It certainly was, although I've had to sacrifice Adebayor, and that's made me sad.

Laughing out loud

Is that to signify that successful Politics/Government FF management is all about the art of compromise/selling out/realism?

Or was it just that you couldn't find a pic of Stan Laurel?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 19th January 2014, 9:15 PM GMT

Is that to signify that successful Politics/Government FF management is all about the art of compromise/selling out/realism?

Or was it just that you couldn't find a pic of Stan Laurel?

Nick Clegg does have his uses.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 19th January 2014, 1:32 PM GMT

Good luck in the Cup to Gerry too, and anyone else in the BCGC!

Thanks George, I've miraculously managed to sneak through thanks to Adebayor's bonus points. I'll never call him a big lazy bag of bollocks again.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 20th January 2014, 9:49 AM GMT

Thanks George, I've miraculously managed to sneak through thanks to Adebayor's bonus points. I'll never call him a big lazy bag of bollocks again.

1O Points up going into tonight. It's a face off between Mirallas (my guy) and Osman (his guy). If he scores ten points more than Mirallas I'll give him best!