BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 69

Goal for the Swans, Bony (just offside, but given)! 1-1 v City at half-time. :)

This week's news includes Ben having to take a points hit to deal with his injury crisis in defence, and Dan finally going over to the dark side. Smart move of the day may be Radish bringing in Podolski for Giroud against the Tan Army, which I'm guessing is Podolski's first appearance this season in the Clique? Unluckiest move might be Alf swapping Hazard for the crocked Walcott.

In the weird situation of not wanting one of my players to do well (Hazard), because my opponent in the Cup has VC'd him with Giroud as Cpt. :|

Several bookings for my team so far. Defence not doing too bad though. Yet.

Came through the festive season relatively unscathed, so pleased with that.
If I use my wildcard will it automatically use the Winter one & keep my other one spare?

Don't know, Steve. Have you gone on your Transfers page and looked? I used my previous one already, and it's offering me a new one now, but doesn't specify that it's a January one.

I squeezed through again in the Cup, but had to hold my breath and wait to see how bonus points were going to be allocated, as I was a couple of points behind before then. Ended up ahead by a couple of points. Luckily, no bonus points for Hazard, although he was BT Sport's MOTM. Will be buying Leighton Baines a drink tonight for his 91st minute penalty. :D

Quote: George Kaplan @ 1st January 2014, 1:52 PM GMT

Smart move of the day may be Radish bringing in Podolski for Giroud against the Tan Army

Oh no it wasn't. Week 20 was clearly my worst performance. You might be able to hear the Red Arrows approaching as they emerge spectacularly from the clouds. It was heart over head. I like Podolski and wanted him to do well but I also genuinely expected better. Thought he'd be firing as it was a very rare chance for him plus as response to the sad news about his pal Schumacher. But these are the 2014 rules:

1. When Wenger says Theo is a doubt, he isn't a doubt. This is always true when the significance of the next fixture suggests logically he should be rested. It isn't that the Alsatian has ever lacked exceptional brilliance but he is cantankerous to a fault. Like Cazorla who decides whimsically which seasons deserve his goals. Sorry 2013-2014 but you are in disgrace. Santi won't be delivering this Christmas or afterwards.

2. When Ferdinand says that Moyes does his head in - or words to that effect - by never picking a team until the last hour, he should be recognised by fantasy football managers as their spiritual guide, if not a genius. Witness the "doubt" that was Rooney and forever avoid the Burkha of David in future selections.

3. When Martinez says that Distin was a doubt but is no longer a doubt and will be played, this means that Distin is not only still a doubt but definitely will have no part to play in the match at all. Pencil in 1-1.

4. And when Adebayor eventually climbs to be second highest scorer this season, thereby proving for once and for all that having once known Bobby Robson does not of itself make for a good manager, the only one saving AVB's blushes will be the awesome St Nicklas Bendtner who remarkably will have scored even more.

Stop Press - Bentdner is out for weeks with an injury. That combination of the Professor's creatine and the unproven clostridium difficile in the Emirates Stadium water fountain will be our undoing. I'm convinced of it.

Congrats to Don for top scoring this week
Hope you're feeling better mate

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st January 2014, 10:49 PM GMT

Congrats to Don for top scoring this week
Hope you're feeling better mate

Same here.

All the best for 2014!

Sheeet! 5 of my first team. That's right, Five, picked up injuries on New Year's Day, and my first sub even got a red card!

At least Emmanuel "Warrior" Adebayor has made a miracle recovery, but I may have to whip out that wildcard earlier than I'd wanted to.

I forgot it was FA cup so should have held fire until those games were finished.
Fingers crossed for an injury free weekend

Keeping a good eye on Tottenham though, I'd discounted their players earlier on but now there might be some good point scorers in that team

I dare you to buy Adebayor and captain him and then face the wrath of you know who. :)

Now up to Six injuries just since New Year's Day, with Baines and his sore back which will be assessed on Thursday.

Seem to be loads of injuries across the board (no pun intended) right now.

Dreamt last night I bumped into my old school pal, Gus, and I methodically explained all the rules and points system for the game to him. Exciting stuff!

Quote: George Kaplan @ 7th January 2014, 3:16 PM GMT

Now up to Six injuries just since New Year's Day, with Baines and his sore back which will be assessed on Thursday.

Seem to be loads of injuries across the board (no pun intended) right now.

Dreamt last night I bumped into my old school pal, Gus, and I methodically explained all the rules and points system for the game to him. Exciting stuff!

Six injuries? You've got to WC.

In other news, I've just taken a 4-point hit, meaning my New Years Resolution lasted six days. A new record.

Me too

Bloomin Walcott, how inconsiderate can you be.