BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 67

Quote: Badge @ 27th December 2013, 12:16 AM GMT

Oh, Radish! You're closing in fast on Chappers and it'll ruin the name of the BCG mini-league. We'll have to be GBH instead.

Thanks - but I am more of a prospect in the West Allotment Celtic league where I've "leapt" to 21st place.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 27th December 2013, 1:48 PM GMT

A goal from Hazard I can live with but two from Walcott? That first one was helped in by keeper. Truly unbelievable.

There are some names that footballers should never have - Giles, Digby, Marcus.......Adrian.

14 points for Chappers already! Goal by Joe Cole, assist from Nolan (cpt).

Lots of City players being brought in and captained for the Palace game. Come on you Eagles! :D

Still kept Suarez as captain, but did bring in Silva
Who is now on his way out.
I've got 4 people out so I may need to spend points.

Re: Silva, will probably lead to others offloading him too, and his price coming down again, so good news for those yet to buy him.

Would have put a tenner on Gerry Captaining Walcott this week. Strange. Still, look at Dan trying to play the game without Suarez. That's just bonkers.

Shame most of you Rooney captainers VC'd Suarez. Could have been decisive since he's going to tear Chelsea a new arsehole tomorrow. I know Mourinho's going to park the bus and try to grind it out, but he isn't going to be able to.

Don't read that idiot team news guide website thing, it's cost me hundreds of points already, always predicting wrong line ups. Don't take much notice of the injury flags either, utter crap, I read it and saw my regular goalie was orange, unlikely to play so I wasted 4 points on an idiot who let 3 goals in while my sold goalie played and got 6 pts. Humph! The so called experts are clueless! Also don't do changes at 11.27 like I've done, that's how I missed captaining Suarez when he scored loads. Dodgy clock they use there. Angry That's my friendly helpful advice done for this this year, now I can get back to thrashing you all. Errr

Utterly amazed by Anelka's secret reverse upside-down Nazi salute. F**king jewhater.

I have to say I've had my doubts about him since he spat on a small model of Auschwitz just before the Tottenham match.

Kick it out!

The 2 lunch-time games went badly against me, and at 3.30pm it looked like I was almost certainly heading out of the Cup, up against against Suarez next of course, but my Spurs front line came through for me with 26 points (+ further bonus points to come), so through to the next round. :)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th December 2013, 6:21 PM GMT

The 2 lunch-time games went badly against me, and at 3.30pm it looked like I was almost certainly heading out of the Cup, up against against Suarez next of course, but my Spurs front line came through for me with 26 points (+ further bonus points to come), so through to the next round. :)

An extraordinarily good performance by Spurs. If you keep with those players - and manage to avoid Chelsea fans who live in Polish villages of just 20 people - you shall win the fantasy football cup.

As for Anelka, I am very tolerant of any amount of Nicklas Bendtner antics but I wouldn't stand for that nonsense. I suggest a lifetime ban from the film industry, seeing that is where he has big ambition.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th December 2013, 7:03 PM GMT

An extraordinarily good performance by Spurs. If you keep with those players - and manage to avoid Chelsea fans who live in Polish villages of just 20 people - you shall win the fantasy football cup.

Laughing out loud

One game at a time. I won't get carried away.

This was a fairly freakish week. Liverpool and Suarez on a tough away fixture. Arsenal facing a resolute Newcastle. Palace unexpectedly putting the shackles on City. No Rooney, Ozil, Ramsay, or Toure on show. Spurs up against a Stoke team who are poor away from home, leak goals, and have 2 key players suspended. Not to mention goal-shy Hull getting six, and Huddlestone at the barbers at last!

Laughing out loud This week's top scorer in the whole league with 108 points was a corpse. Thought that might be the case. :D

He also captained Soldado (by default, Vice). Great minds think alike. :)

Monthly form tables updated

August:

1 Real Ale Madrid Rob H 205
2 DON IN 60 SECONDS DONALD RUSHMORE 186
3 YOURCODENAMEIS:TEAM Mr Splodge 179
4 The Teke Over Gerry McDonnell 177

September:

1 Effsee FC Daniel Shakir 187
2 Preston Forfend Stephen Sunshine 186
3 Real Ale Madrid Rob H 172
4 DON IN 60 SECONDS DONALD RUSHMORE 168

October:

1 Yossarian United Ross Salvage 207
2 Ricketts United FC Ben Ricketts 195
3 YOURCODENAMEIS:TEAM Mr Splodge 187
4 Horseradish Rovers Raphanus L'Escargot 185

November:

1 Preston Forfend Stephen Sunshine 318
2 Yossarian United Ross Salvage 274
3 YOURCODENAMEIS:TEAM Mr Splodge 264
4 Horseradish Rovers Raphanus L'Escargot 235

December:

1 Moyes Abatement Soc. Godot Taxis 367
2 Ricketts United FC Ben Ricketts 357
3 Preston Forfend Stephen Sunshine 350
4 YOURCODENAMEIS:TEAM Mr Splodge 346

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th December 2013, 9:03 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

One game at a time. I won't get carried away.

This was a fairly freakish week. Liverpool and Suarez on a tough away fixture. Arsenal facing a resolute Newcastle. Palace unexpectedly putting the shackles on City. No Rooney, Ozil, Ramsay, or Toure on show. Spurs up against a Stoke team who are poor away from home, leak goals, and have 2 key players suspended. Not to mention goal-shy Hull getting six, and Huddlestone at the barbers at last!

The great news is that Chelsea Moszczenica got knocked out of the cup this week. He went back to some ill-advised transfers and a shockingly lousy score. The person who beat him got a low 30s score so that Top 12,000 position was a pure fluke. I am not particularly bitter but had hired a local expert in the dark arts to make his early exit an inevitability. Well, anything to be of assistance to a Tottenham Hotspur supporter.

This Crimble period has not gone at all the way I'd have wished. Ramsey dried up and then broke down malevolently, ie he couldn't be eased out without serious damage to the bank balance. He seems such a decent bloke too. Ozil who we were advised earlier was a delicate exotic plant needed a rest according to Wenger. Wackily he then played him before he didn't play him and the entire business became anyone's guess. That is, until our orchid developed an injury to make sure he was unavailable for New Year's Day.

Silva is a good player but his shirt should be yellow to match the cards he collects. He is a very strange phenomenon. A Ravel and Raheem in John Major clothing. So he is out. Then there's Rooney who has a groin strain that meanders in its impact while the humble punter is kept in the dark. Moyes is either deliberately oblique about the matter or he just frequently forgets that Wayne is one of his players. See Morrison and one in three other players with coloured squares for the full list of sufferers from Christmas Groin Syndrome.

And yes YYT was unexpectedly dropped and the latest is that Ramsey could now be crocked for a whole month. It could be Mourinho has hired the services of the same wizard as that would explain a hell of a lot.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 29th December 2013, 10:54 PM GMT

The great news is that Chelsea Moszczenica got knocked out of the cup this week. He went back to some ill-advised transfers and a shockingly lousy score. The person who beat him got a low 30s score so that Top 12,000 position was a pure fluke. I am not particularly bitter but had hired a local expert in the dark arts to make his early exit an inevitability. Well, anything to be of assistance to a Tottenham Hotspur supporter.

This Crimble period has not gone at all the way I'd have wished. Ramsey dried up and then broke down malevolently, ie he couldn't be eased out without serious damage to the bank balance. He seems such a decent bloke too. Ozil who we were advised earlier was a delicate exotic plant needed a rest according to Wenger. Wackily he then played him before he didn't play him and the entire business became anyone's guess. That is, until our orchid developed an injury to make sure he was unavailable for New Year's Day.

Silva is a good player but his shirt should be yellow to match the cards he collects. He is a very strange phenomenon. A Ravel and Raheem in John Major clothing. So he is out. Then there's Rooney who has a groin strain that meanders in its impact while the humble punter is kept in the dark. Moyes is either deliberately oblique about the matter or he just frequently forgets that Wayne is one of his players. See Morrison and one in three other players with coloured squares for the full list of sufferers from Christmas Groin Syndrome.

And yes YYT was unexpectedly dropped and the latest is that Ramsey could now be crocked for a whole month. It could be Mourinho has hired the services of the same wizard as that would explain a hell of a lot.

Would you care to elaborate?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th December 2013, 12:06 PM GMT

Would you care to elaborate?

Laughing out loud