Help with Cooking Page 4

Quote: zooo @ March 4 2013, 5:02 PM GMT

Cut part way through it and fill with cream cheese. And then wrap whatever you vegetarians eat instead of parma ham around it.

I cannot stand this recipe. I don't know how many girls I've heard saying "Well, I tell you what makes quite the fascinating meal...". It's not gourmet cuisine, it's plain and can be thrown together by any chav.

Lol, who said it was fascinating or gourmet? Not I.

Yes but cheese and anything is awesome.

It's the default chicken breast recipe at the moment. I just find it so mind numbingly boring. Especially when the majority of people overcook chicken as they're convinced it has to be dry to avoid salmonella. The average level of cooking skill in this country is beyond disgusting.

Quote: Lee @ March 4 2013, 6:31 PM GMT

Yes but cheese and anything is awesome.

Cheese and breasts? Oh yes!

Quote: Ben @ March 4 2013, 6:32 PM GMT

It's the default chicken breast recipe at the moment. I just find it so mind numbingly boring. Especially when the majority of people overcook chicken as they're convinced it has to be dry to avoid salmonella. The average level of cooking skill in this country is beyond disgusting.

Seriously though, I wholeheartedly encourage this recipe as I believe it is a stepping stone towards greater things. I remember when I was a teenager and started cooking for myself, I was proud that I could cook pasta, like the dried packet stuff!! And then I started trying different things and now I can do most of it from scratch, even mill my own flour! Whistling nnocently

My early days revolved around pasta, butter and tomato ketchup. It was simple, but I loved it. I guess we all have guilty pleasures.

Sounds good! I used to eat a hill of pasta plain - I loved pasta.

Quote: Ben @ March 4 2013, 6:44 PM GMT

My early days revolved around pasta, butter and tomato ketchup. It was simple, but I loved it. I guess we all have guilty pleasures.

A chav could definitely not throw that together. ;)

I like pasta, grated cheese and sweetcorn from a tin.

Quote: zooo @ March 4 2013, 6:48 PM GMT

I like pasta, grated cheese and sweetcorn from a tin.

Tesco do this nice grated cheese mix which is chilli cheese and mozzarella. It's nice with any pasta. Or anything. Ham sandwich even.

Oh, sweetcorn, pasta, mayonnaise and a tin of tuna - stir done. Eat loads, feel sick. That's how I spent most of my childhood.

Quote: Ben @ March 4 2013, 6:51 PM GMT

grated cheese mix which is chilli cheese and mozzarella.

What's that look like?

Well it's mozzarella cheese grated and then chilli cheese grated and flung all in the same bag.

Dis? - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257481295

I'd never buy grated cheese because I didn't think I need that convenience but looking at those prices, it makes me rethink! It can't be the same quality cheese you get in blocks, can it?

I just Googled it, and they bulk the mass up with anti-caking agents such as potato starch. But still, those prices are pretty good.

Best thing to do with a chicken fillet:

Bash flat with the back of a rolling pin.
Dip in 1) seasoned flour then 2) beaten egg then 3) Polish breadcrumbs.
Shallow fry.
Garnish with loads of lemon wedges.

Serve with green beans or green salad.

If using Quorn, eat the rolling pin.

;)

What makes them Polish breadcrumbs?

Quote: Lee @ March 4 2013, 7:32 PM GMT

What makes them Polish breadcrumbs?

They come from Poland.
Via Morrisons.
(They are great because they are really fine and dry and give you a proper 'crunch')
One of the real advantages of recent Eastern Euro influx is some of the good tucker you can now get at UK supermarkets.
If you are a lover of, for instance,the dill pickle or 'wally', you can now get the proper, real deal buggers.