Help with Cooking Page 5

What distinguishes them from regular bread crumbs?

Quote: Lee @ March 4 2013, 7:53 PM GMT

Much finer (they're almost ground) and a bit darker in colour - I guess because they come from Polish bread.

Have you tried making your own bread crumbs and batter? I sometimes dust my roast veg with flour or crumble bread mixed with herbs and spices and oil.

Quote: Lee @ March 4 2013, 7:53 PM GMT

Are those breadcrumbs you have at the same time every day ?

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 4 2013, 8:08 PM GMT

Are those breadcrumbs you have at the same time every day ?

Embrace modern language, blood! :D

You'll be telling me next that when you go into the pub you say 'Can I get a beer please?'

Angry

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 4 2013, 8:13 PM GMT

You'll be telling me next that when you go into the pub you say 'Can I get a beer please?'

Angry

Not likely! Although I was raised with good manners, so the please is something I would say.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/7067_39768.htm

Sick

Don't sleigh-t it until you tried it!

Quote: Lee @ March 4 2013, 8:34 PM GMT

Don't sleigh-t it until you tried it!

>_<

Deer, oh deer, oh deer . . . .

Quote: Lee @ March 4 2013, 7:04 PM GMT

Dis? - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257481295

I'd never buy grated cheese because I didn't think I need that convenience but looking at those prices, it makes me rethink! It can't be the same quality cheese you get in blocks, can it?

I just Googled it, and they bulk the mass up with anti-caking agents such as potato starch. But still, those prices are pretty good.

Price is about the same now but no, imo, nowhere near as good as grate your own. Some packets are awful, some not bad, but I find them all on the dry side and mainly too finely grated. Not grate!

I have a handy tuppyware box with a grater on top so it makes quick work of a whole block. Couple of quid.

I'm not really after grated cheese but more quantity Pleased

? Grate two blocks then.

Any recommendations for a mature cheddar ?

Not the ones that say 'mature' or 'extra mature' on them.

You know when they rank cheese 1 (mild) to 5 (mature)? I'm looking for something around the 8/9 mark !

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 4 2013, 9:13 PM GMT

? Grate two blocks then.

:O