What are you watching on TV? Page 1,090

Quote: Leevil @ January 27 2010, 4:00 AM GMT

Re-watching all of Oz again Cool

Wizard of and Return to?

Or the Jail thing?

Da jail ting, man!

It's friggin' awesome. But I'm also partial to a bit of Tin Man too.

Tin man rocks not as cools as the Wheelers though. Return to Oz was rather good I thought.

Think I'm gonna watch Dark Crystal tonight.

Yeah, it was pretty good 80s style fantasy. Although I think W.O.Z and R.T.O are completely different films, literally and figuratively.

I loved both but thought Return to OZ to be the more captivating for my young mind. It was so scary and much more my thing. The Wheelie men used to scare the crap out of me. I remember a scene where heads of people are trapped behind glass just looking at her. Brrrr shivers.

Yeah, them Wheelie Men were freaky buggers!

Quote: EllieJP @ January 27 2010, 10:54 AM GMT

I loved both but thought Return to OZ to be the more captivating for my young mind. It was so scary and much more my thing. The Wheelie men used to scare the crap out of me. I remember a scene where heads of people are trapped behind glass just looking at her. Brrrr shivers.

Yeh the witch with the interchangeable heads that was fricking awesome!

I preferred RT Oz. It was nice seeing the world continued after they left. Just proves kids don't always love bubble gum toop like High School Musical.

Quote: Gavin @ January 27 2010, 11:35 AM GMT

Just proves kids don't always love bubble gum toop like High School Musical.

My six year-old likes all the HSM merchandise, but doesn't actually like the films. She loves a lot of the darker stuff like The Corpse Bride (it's funny to hear her talk about Tim Burton like she knows him) and Igor.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 27 2010, 11:40 AM GMT

My six year-old likes all the HSM merchandise, but doesn't actually like the films. She loves a lot of the darker stuff like The Corpse Bride (it's funny to hear her talk about Tim Burton like she knows him) and Igor.

:) See. I do get annoyed with kids TV sometimes as it is very superficial, and since kids spend more time infront of the box then ever we should give them something mentally interesting to watch.

Quote: Gavin @ January 27 2010, 11:57 AM GMT

:) See. I do get annoyed with kids TV sometimes as it is very superficial, and since kids spend more time infront of the box then ever we should give them something mentally interesting to watch.

I miss the testcard.

Tonight at 10pm it's telly overload:

Mad Men on BBC Four
Sons of Anarchy on Five USA
Numbers on Five
Desperate Housewives for the ladies on Ch4.

And the Persuasionists.

It's a good job everything gets repeated these days, innit. And we've got them there 'hard drives'.

I just don't get the love for Desperate Housewives. Like Sex and the City - I watched it because everyone raves about it and it was just a load of tosh.

I like Desperate Housewives. It's not as must see as it once was, but it has sharp and sassy scripts. And Eva Longoria. Lovey

Quote: chipolata @ January 27 2010, 1:18 PM GMT

but it has sharp and sassy scripts.

I didn't get that impression. To me it's just fluffy nonsense.

I watch it, and I watched a few seasons of Sex In The City too. They're not that good, and occasionally I find myself zoning out but they have some good bits, which are obviously good enough to keep me watching every week.

Um.