What are you watching on TV? Page 1,088

Quote: EllieJP @ January 25 2010, 12:05 PM GMT

I seriously don't know how I'm going to juggle work, having a kid and housework when I become a Mum. It's hard enough without the baby.

You might decide not to go work outside the home when the time comes. I know a few 'career women' who thought they'd be back at their desks six weeks after the baby was born who still haven't gone back six years and three kids later. :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 25 2010, 12:09 PM GMT

You might decide not to go work outside the home when the time comes. I know a few 'career women' who thought they'd be back at their desks six weeks after the baby was born who still haven't gone back six years and three kids later. :D

I think financially it would be impossible for me to stay off work. I'm definitely not in the most "supportive" company either when it comes to Maternity leave.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 25 2010, 12:12 PM GMT

I think financially it would be impossible for me to stay off work.

Aw, that sucks. This governement should do more to support parents who want to raise their own children. Angry

Quote: EllieJP @ January 25 2010, 12:05 PM GMT

I seriously don't know how I'm going to juggle work, having a kid and housework when I become a Mum. It's hard enough without the baby.

I hardly think your relationship is stable enough for children!:)

It isn't good. £120 a week stat wouldn't even cover half the rent on a 2 bed in London.

Quote: chipolata @ January 25 2010, 12:19 PM GMT

I hardly think your relationship is stable enough for children!:)

I can honestly say that I am not looking at having children for another 5 years or so.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 25 2010, 12:20 PM GMT

It isn't good. £120 a week stat wouldn't even cover half the rent on a 2 bed in London. I can honestly say that I am not looking at having children for another 5 years or so.

Don't have them at all. They f**k your life up.

I really want children one day.

Surely they'll only f**k my life up if I f**k theirs up.

Quote: chipolata @ January 25 2010, 12:24 PM GMT

They f**k your life up.

The only plus, as far as I can see, is that if you're nice to them, they might look after you when you're old and mental.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 25 2010, 9:25 AM GMT

Richard Herring on The Wright Stuff. Ann Diamond just asked him if it was true he was going to work with Stewart Lee again. He said they were no plans, but there was no reason why they wouldn't.

Later in the show they will be debating if Hitler style moutaches will ever become popular again.

Oh bums. I forgot he was on that today. :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 25 2010, 12:38 PM GMT

The only plus, as far as I can see, is that if you're nice to them, they might look after you when you're old and mental.

Plus you can dress them up in cute outfits when they get to about 5.

... that about covers it I think.

Quote: zooo @ January 25 2010, 3:56 PM GMT

Oh bums. I forgot he was on that today. :( Plus you can dress them up in cute outfits when they get to about 5. ... that about covers it I think.

Although when they're about 15 or 16 they will have their hot nubile friends over for pyjama parties and pillow fights. Which is nice.

*does a bit of sick in mouth*

Quote: chipolata @ January 25 2010, 4:05 PM GMT

Although when they're about 15 or 16 they will have their hot nubile friends over for pyjama parties and pillow fights. Which is nice.

I hope you're not talking about a prospective son here.

Quote: zooo @ January 25 2010, 4:06 PM GMT

*does a bit of sick in mouth*

Especially seeing as far as I experienced, parties like that happen at 13 or 14, not 16!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 25 2010, 4:07 PM GMT

Especially seeing as far as I experienced, parties like that happen at 13 or 14, not 16!

Says the girl reading a play promoting underage sex and teen suicide!

A) It's for my course at uni.
B) You say that like I wrote it.
C) It's a great work of literature, without a scene of prepubescent pillow fights in underwear to be detected.