The Sitcom Mission 2013 Page 11

Is it better to look stupid or sound stupid?

Quote: Marc P @ March 22 2013, 1:38 PM GMT

Can't I do both?!

Quote: David Bussell @ March 22 2013, 1:38 PM GMT

Can't I do both?!

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Promotion in the sisterhood?

Quote: David Bussell @ March 22 2013, 1:33 PM GMT

I know, I know! I was just having a joke at the expense of Dan's entire lineage.

Yes, I believe he found that to be the funniest thing ever said in these forums.

Dan

Quote: Marc P @ March 22 2013, 1:38 PM GMT

It's better to look funny. :)

The smart answer was 'neither'

Teary When did this deadline change? Do you know the .... I went thru to get this bloody thing finished, the new memory sticks I had to go out and buy, the people I had to snub, the engagements I had to turn down? Kelly Brook won't talk to me for a year now. Angry And now I have the added chance of wasting another two weeks of my life. Great!

Yeah, how dare they give us more time? This is how Hitler started, you know.

I've just noticed that Rocliffe/BAFTA's early bird closing date is also April 15. Ah go on, have another six weeks...

Attention anyone keen on stupid questions! Ahem. How does one actually go about paying the entry fee for The Sitcom Mission? Is it, gulp, Paypal? Must it be paid by the script deadline or is a cheque/postal order sent once/if one manages to finish and successfully submit one's script in time?

Quote: elmonstro @ April 2 2013, 9:07 PM BST

Attention anyone keen on stupid questions! Ahem. How does one actually go about paying the entry fee for The Sitcom Mission? Is it, gulp, Paypal? Must it be paid by the script deadline or is a cheque/postal order sent once/if one manages to finish and successfully submit one's script in time?

It is, ahem, by PayPal. From what I understand, you can pay by PayPal cheque if you don't have a PayPal account. Other writers have paid this way.

Hope that helps.

Just entered my script. It's the old waiting game now.

Okay, if anyone cares, I paid for the 'silver' feedback option. Si and Dec each wrote a very informed critique of my script with suggestions on improvements to premise, characters right down to individual gags. One was three A4 printed pages (font size 10) and one was five pages long (same font size).

It was returned much more quickly than the 2-week 'promised' turnaround time. (Actually within 7 days).

I hope that clears that up for people who like statistics.

Dan

Yes and talking of statistics, you choose to tell us this with just 7 days left. Pirate

Wish I'd looked earlier at that. Infact you have to look for that one. Maybe their website needs tweaking in places. Looks good value if you've spent ages on a project you yourself believe in. That outside, Dragons' Den like view is pretty essential to all creators at some point. I might look at the bronze feedback option this time but wish I'd seen that silver one.