The Sitcom Mission 2013 Page 15

Well done to the winners and runners up. I am gutted that "I See a Penguin" didn't get anywhere. Still, next year maybe.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ June 1 2013, 8:17 AM BST

Well done to the winners and runners up. I am gutted that "I See a Penguin" didn't get anywhere. Still, next year maybe.

Maybe we should run a competition for best title...

Congratulations to everyone shortlisted and the honorable mentions. I had high hopes for this, as my (longer) script was recently shortlisted for the BBC Writers Prize. I guess it's a mixture of opinion and/or having to cut 30 mins down to 15 - or it could just a case of not being good enough. Whatever the reason, it's all experience!

Never forget that comedy is subjective. Look how The Wright Way and Miranda divide opinion. All Dec and I can do is pick the scripts that make US laugh. The writers that we hope we can work with.

That second point is important; in the past we've put before the commissioners the best scripts out of the pile that was sent to us, regardless of whether they were really ready or not. What we want to do now is develop material so that by the time we put it in front of the people who matter it's as ready as it can be. It's a fundamental change that we think benefits everybody.

If anyone wants feedback on their script, the service is now open again. Just email us at info@sitcommission.com and make the payment here https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/feedback/

Sorry, when can non-short listed bronze entrants expect your A-class constructive criticism?

Also, congrats to everyone who was short listed. I of course will have to assume my work of genius was merely misunderstood.

Well done folks. Can't wait to see/hear them. Good luck. Rich.

So, I guess you're not ready for 'Slaughterhouse Rules' starring Paul Chuckle (stepping out of Barry's shadow)?

Well I didn't tell you about the weekly TV Chef cameos including the episode where Worrall Thompson accidentally falls into a mincer. Ha! Your loss!

Well done winners, not-quite winners and not-quite not-quite winners.

Anyone posting anything in Showcase?

"I'm not a mincer!" shouted the man at the end, as Worrall Thompson messily removed himself...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 4 2013, 9:51 AM BST

"I'm not a mincer!" shouted the man at the end, as Worrall Thompson messily removed himself...

I'm so glad I cut the big pork sausage and faggots lines.

Mike

money money money

talent talent talent

I've only just seen this! Amazing! So pleased. :D

I hope we're all keeping track over on the Sitcom Trials thread of Sitcom Mission entrants who've done quite well there? Check out last week's heat 6 in London where you'll see (among others) Medicine To Follow, as seen in last year's Mission. And, scrolling down the blog, you'll see how some of this year's Mission shortlist have fared in their recent Trials outings. Between us, we'll find that sitcom gold.

Hello to you sitcom missioners, any news on the competition? Wave