The Sitcom Mission 2013

We're back.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/

The entry deadline is: 23.59 GMT on 31st March 2013. Meanwhile, here's a link to our latest blog:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/43/

Awesoooome!

: )

So, just to confirm, the sitcoms we enter don't have to be specifically written for stage? We can now have the harrier jumpjet landing on the talking pig?

Hey! I told you that in confidence!

Dan

Lee, we will be disappointed if at least 10% of the entries don't have a harrier jump jet and a talking pig in there somewhere.

Maybe we should insist on them, the way that Hat Trick's video comp must feature a rabbit.

It's going to be interesting to see if the type of sitcom we get reflects the changes we've made. Now that we've taken the shackles of live performance off, will we see more entries meant for radio?

Writing for a live performance was very very challenging indeed.

Good luck to everyone who enters this year!

Snez

Just to confirm, can I enter two scripts and get feedback for both?
Thanks
Neil

Love the new developments.
The competition now seems a better reflection of 'real world' commissioning.

Not getting the five grand you mean? ;) At least nowadays anyway.

Quote: Trinder @ January 29 2013, 12:54 PM GMT

Just to confirm, can I enter two scripts and get feedback for both?
Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil,

You can enter as often as you like, and you'll get feedback each time you pay for it.

Simon

Interesting what you say about radio scripts, puts a whole new spin on it. Hmmmmmm.

Quote: richiemoomoo @ January 29 2013, 6:11 PM GMT

Interesting what you say about radio scripts, puts a whole new spin on it. Hmmmmmm.

Two sitcom highlights of the past couple of years for me have been Cabin Pressure and Ed Reardon's Week. Not many TV sitcoms have been as brilliant week after week as those two.

Quote: simon wright @ January 29 2013, 7:30 PM GMT

Two sitcom highlights of the past couple of years for me have been Cabin Pressure and Ed Reardon's Week. Not many TV sitcoms have been as brilliant week after week as those two.

And Clare in the Community for me.