You learn a new thing every day Page 2

Morrison's sell then for £1.

I haven't learned any astounding new thing today, but there's still time. I did learn that it's wise to check the bedroom clock after a power cut so that you don't leap out of bed thinking it's quarter to 9 and you've slept in, when in fact it's only quarter to 7.

Jim broadbent turned down the role of Del boy

Quote: keewik @ October 20 2012, 5:28 PM BST

Morrison's sell then for £1.

I haven't learned any astounding new thing today, but there's still time. I did learn that it's wise to check the bedroom clock after a power cut so that you don't leap out of bed thinking it's quarter to 9 and you've slept in, when in fact it's only quarter to 7.

?
Clocks don't usually jump ahead on a power cut, so you are more likely to get up at what you think is your usual time, say 8am, only to find that it's actually a lot later, say 10:14.

Cool

I know that. It's a puzzle. The dishwasher, as is its wont, buggered everything up at about 8.30 p.m. last night. We immediately put the power back on. So tell me why the bedroom clock ADVANCED by 2 hours? It's bloody gremlins.

Have further puzzled this. Our stuff doesn't stop and restart x minutes/hours later from the same point. The cooker and microwave go to nothing and flash annoyingly till you reset them. The clock doesn't go to nothing but obviously picks a random time when the power's restored.

I learned yesterday that Thai people eat with a fork, which gives me full licence to laugh at the next poor fool I see using chopsticks with their green curry.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 21 2012, 11:49 AM BST

I learned yesterday that Thai people eat with a fork, which gives me full licence to laugh at the next poor fool I see using chopsticks with their green curry.

Unless s/he is a Black Tong member.

Quote: zooo @ October 19 2012, 10:47 PM BST

But One Direction ARE a joke, surely?

Just like Take That!

Quote: keewik @ October 20 2012, 11:47 PM BST

I know that. It's a puzzle. The dishwasher, as is its wont, buggered everything up at about 8.30 p.m. last night. We immediately put the power back on. So tell me why the bedroom clock ADVANCED by 2 hours? It's bloody gremlins.

If the clock restarted at 10pm, it would default to 12.00, giving the appearance of advancing.

That could be the answer. Maybe it all happened a bit later than I thought.

Quote: Chappers @ October 22 2012, 12:43 AM BST

Just like Take That!

I would like to endorse the Honourable Member's view.

'Hear him! Hear him !'

Aw, all the oldies sticking together. ;)

Quote: zooo @ October 23 2012, 1:10 AM BST

Aw, all the oldies sticking together. ;)

But what is the difference between Take Twat and One Direction - apart from rheumatism?

Marilyn Monroe was murdered by four mafia hitmen

They broke into her house, forced her naked onto her bed and inserted a highly toxic and poisonous suppository into her anus, before leaving her to die

Which was nice...

Quote: Chappers @ October 23 2012, 11:03 PM BST

But what is the difference between Take Twat and One Direction - apart from rheumatism?

I've explained this about fifteen thousand times, I'm not doing it again!
If your poor, weak old brains can't remember, that's not my fault. ;)