You learn a new thing every day Page 9

I used to work for an advertising person, he seemed to be clueless about real people in the real world too! I once made the tea and gave him the mug with the pink inside and had the mug with a blue inside for myself - it blew his mind.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 12:46 PM GMT

I used to work for an advertising person, he seemed to be clueless about real people in the real world too!

Advert 1 -

Huge bald headed man on a building site operating a jackhammer.

VO: Are you worried that co-workers can see your unsightly pit stains?

Advert 2 -

Rooney: I'm Wayne Rooney and when my babies are hungry, I give them the super boosting sporting calcium power of Power X Turbo baby forumula.

Wayne kicks feeding bottle 30 yards into a baby's mouth.

Advert 3 -

Four glamorous women with a 'Sex In The City' vibe are sitting in a coffee shop.

Woman: My poos are too big and hard.

Oh wait, the last one was real. :S

Every house will have a smart TV within the next 4years, high street shops selling things you can buy on line will close down due to it being cheaper to sell from the living room!

True, but Tomorrows World promised me rocket boots and a pill that would taste like a sunday lunch, still waiting....

true but we actually have smart TV's and the internet and online payment methods from our phones.... the highstreets of tmrw are gonna be like markets ??

Quote: JokePit @ November 16 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

true but we actually have smart TV's and the internet and online payment methods from our phones.... the highstreets of tmrw are gonna be like markets ??

Unless they can digitally push overpriced coffee and plastic tasting pizza down a phone cable, then I think we'll always have a high street.

You can go shopping on the telly now if you want, there are about a dozen channels selling crap you don't need. Making it more 'digical' isn't going to herald in a new revolution of couch based consumerism.

Besides you can't block the street with your baby stroller, hang out with a gang of hoodies or drunkenly yell at buses in your own home - that would be madness.

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2012, 12:41 PM GMT

I don't think the advertising world knows anything about real people of either gender. I don't know what they're doing with their time, but it's a load of old cobblers.

You're telling me, as the BCG's leading Christmasite, you think ads are cobblers and don't enjoy all the Christmassy ones? I find that hard to believe.

Wellllll, I prefer a rubbish Christmas ad to a rubbish normal ad by miles, of COURSE.
But I do like the John Lewis Christmas one. Poor snowman.

The new "quicker" server is anything but....?

Quote: JokePit @ November 16 2012, 3:59 PM GMT

Every house will have a smart TV within the next 4years, high street shops selling things you can buy on line will close down due to it being cheaper to sell from the living room!

The main snag with buying on-line is that you then have to hang around waiting for the delivery man at an unknown time; each day's delay on the delivery wastes another day by preventing you from going out on all but the most important errands. Then it tends to arrive while you are out in any case.

This happened to me today! Fortunately many years ago I fitted a really wide letter box and today's package, which arrived while I was out, fitted through the letterbox. It would have been far too wide for an ordinary letter box slot.

:) WOW Bill great idea! where do I get these massive letter-boxes?

Quote: dellas @ November 16 2012, 6:37 PM GMT

:) WOW Bill great idea! where do I get these massive letter-boxes?

Just get a cat flap in the middle of your front door, dellas. ;)

Massive letter box ? How massive??!

Sounds a bit dangerous to me

Why not go the whole hog and just get a key cut for the postman

Laughing out loud No- just a biggish one?