The general pop/rock - music thread Page 240

Just been reliably informed Ska fashion is back in vogue. Can't think of a better Ska song than this...

Quote: Firkin @ 14th October 2023, 5:21 PM

Can't think of a better Ska song than this...

Good song, but I'll always associate it with Father Ted now...

Another cracker

Super cool video too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N4b-rJPGdOY&pp=ygUWc2VsZWN0b3IgbWlzc2luZyB3b3Jkcw%3D%3D

What do you call someone who's going to every Madonna gig? Gay.

Quote: Firkin @ 14th October 2023, 5:21 PM

Just been reliably informed Ska fashion is back in vogue. Can't think of a better Ska song than this...

Great song, fantastic video and fabulous Vauxhall Cresta - wish I had one, preferably two-tone, and that's a point - why weren't they driving a two tone? 😁

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 17th October 2023, 10:02 PM

What do you call someone who's going to every Madonna gig? Gay.

What do you call someone who seems to be utterly obsessed with Madonna and speaks about her constantly?

Raving homosexual

I need a holiday. Celebrate.

Just received my tickets to see Suzi Quatro next month and also booked to see Van Morrison.

Seen the latter several times, rating from good to out of this world - when he's in the zone it's like he's been taken over, nothing else like him live. And then there'd be one when he's obviously in a mood about something and refuses to play the old stuff the audience wants. Yes he did that at one gig I went to, just played the Avalon Sunset album he was promoting and other 80s tracks and looked like he didn't want to be there.

Another one he was even moodier, muttering on about Willie Carson in between songs, which I found hilarious. (The jockey was a friend of the bloke who'd just ran off with his wife, from memory). But at others he was singing to the Gods, exquisite.

I watched a TouTube video of a recent concert by The 1975 at Madison Square Gardens, and it was sensational. Part concert, part theatrical performance, with a brilliant stage set in the form of a life-sized house open to the audience, like a giant dolls' house. Matty Healy the best front man since David Bowie. Watch it!

What have Take That and U2 got in common?

I think they're both f**king shit.*

* Copyright Michael Monkhouse.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th October 2023, 5:44 PM

Filling in for MM while he's busy with his day job of lecturing.....elderly folk out food shopping. Thank-you, I'm here all week. Try the gammon.

Spice Girls

Pulp

Madonna is an ugly old slut

That covers it all 🤝

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th October 2023, 6:31 PM

Spice Girls

Pulp

Madonna is an ugly old slut

That covers it all 🤝

Looks like a curriculum to me.

Paul McCartney says the new Beatles track was challenging but 'We did a great job! Can't wait for you to hear it!'... This one always cracks me up. What did you expect him to say? 'Just played it back and it is total and utter f**king shit. F**k me, is it shit! Honest mate, you never heard suck a f**king pile of total and utter f**king shitty f**king shit in your life. I'm f**king ashamed of it. Chapman got the wrong f**king bloke, John would NEVER've allowed this piecea shite out. Do yerselves a favour punters and don't f**king buy it. In fact, avoid it like the f**king plague. Boy, do we suck.'

Quote: Chappers @ 27th October 2023, 5:44 PM

What's the difference between Pulp and Oasis? Nothing. They are both total and utter f**king shit.