The general pop/rock - music thread Page 241

Liam Gallagher was asked if he was worried he wouldn't like the song

"The Beatles could shit in my hand bag I'd still hide my polo mints in there"

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd November 2023, 12:46 PM

Liam Gallagher was asked if he was worried he wouldn't like the song

"The Beatles could shit in my hand bag I'd still hide my polo mints in there"

The making of "Now and Then", featured in an extended One Show last night, and it was extraordinary the lengths they went to with modern technology (including AI) to extract John's voice, which they couldn't do from the 1970s tape Yoko Ono found and gave to the surviving Beatles, which at that time they had to give up on owing to his voice/music too intermingled, when they recorded "Free As A Bird" - great song and great video!! Just watched it again, and it's amazing how many Beatles tracks they reference - clever

They asked the AI to try to extract Ringos drumming too

It suggestion was not to bother

The new one's a crock of shit.
Really not sure why they bothered.
IMHO, of course.

I quite like it

Tbh anything with Lennons vocals always sounds special to me

Anyway it's not a Beatles song really, it's a John Lennon song the others have faffed with

If it was a debut from an unknown Stoke outfit, you'd love it.
Sounds grate to me. Pisses all over Real Love, anyway.

I said to Paul McCartney, Do you ever take advantage of John Lennon? He said, Now and then.

I liked the Peter Jackson music video, but I hate the weirdly bland text+background that they seem to have chosen for the "cover" of the single.

I've still not heard it but then I wasn't too excited about the other stuff released after Lennon's death.

That's a really touching song, thanks for posting DaButt. I see Macca is looking as old as ever and Ring's gone the other way.

It's OK but it's just a taster of what can be achieved now. Something else to fleece the fans and the tip of the iceberg.

What really is the point? They were undisputably the greatest pop group ever. The kids today have got no idea and as a Christian I acknowledge Lennon's quote that they were bigger than Jesus - or words to that effect. Many have tried to copy them but never succeeded to the same extent.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd November 2023, 4:09 PM

They asked the AI to try to extract Ringos drumming too

It suggestion was not to bother

Ha Bloody Ha, so f**king boring, but I expect Monkhouse laughed as he's just as stupidly biased. Just to repeat myself, I have seen two documentaries on drumming fronted by famous drummers and Ringo is in both of their top 10. So stuff that up yer crack, and stop being so f**king tedious about something you clearly know f**k-all about, which you have shown with your lack of knowledge.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd November 2023, 10:18 AM

Anyway it's not a Beatles song really, it's a John Lennon song the others have faffed with

More bollocks. Paul and John quite often wrote the bones of a song separately and then came together to finish it off, so there's no reason for that not to be the case this time - Yoko gave them the tape, so if she thought it was that sacred to his memory, she certainly wouldn't have given it to them.

🤣

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th November 2023, 8:30 AM

🤣

Yes, I know.

Lost for words, and your emoji is just how I felt when I read your ignorant, naïve posts

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd November 2023, 3:44 PM

I liked the Peter Jackson music video, but I hate the weirdly bland text+background that they seem to have chosen for the "cover" of the single.

I think it's oddly appropriate that in the video they show John taking the piss out of it.
Because I think he would.