The Writer's Prize Page 4

Thanks Ian and Lazzard.

Well done, Ponderer.

Rejected myself.

Dan

Cheers Dan. I'm sure positions will reverse in future opportunities.

Well done, Ponderer, and fingers crossed for your chance at a pilot.

The indication that some scripts actually get further than the wastebin might even tempt me to get something finished enough to send in, one day.

Quote: swerytd @ January 19 2013, 1:27 PM GMT

Rejected myself.

Dan

I'd have put myself through, given the choice.

Quote: enigmatic @ January 19 2013, 5:04 PM GMT

Well done, Ponderer, and fingers crossed for your chance at a pilot.

The indication that some scripts actually get further than the wastebin might even tempt me to get something finished enough to send in, one day.

Thanks enigmatic. It is definitely worth having a go. I almost didn't submit for this.

Got my rejection too! Oh well.........

Quote: Alan O'Brien @ January 20 2013, 8:35 PM GMT

I'd have put myself through, given the choice.

That was a funny line Alan that made me laughLaughing out loud

Sincere congratulations to Ponderer, fingers crossed for you old chap.

Thanks Will. Me too!

Congrats and best wishes!

Congratulations. Keep us posted about your progress. :D

Thanks Loopey. I am currently in a holding pattern and they will 'get back to me' after a couple of weeks it means either they aren't interested in mine or they are very slow readers.

Still in shock I made the shortlist as well. Been told the announcement is this week.

In terms of anxiousness, it's like the 4-6 pm Newsjack slot on a Thursday but stretched out over an entire week!

Ponderer: did you find it hard writing your biography for the blog and press release?

Hi Kevin, and congrats on getting (at least) this far. like you, I'm on tenterhooks about this week's announcement. I've never been any good at selling myself or my work, so the bio stuff was excruciating. Didn't know whether to attempt funny, big up any previous achievements or just keep it simple. In the end I think I managed to fall between all the stools! I wrote my entry with my wife too, so now we're both embarrassed!

Anyhow; good luck (unless of course there is only one winner...)

Tell me about it! I must have rewrote the biography about fifty times, fearing it was too sentimental/repulsively modest.

Many congratulations to you too sir. Hopefully the announcement is they'll be developing the whole darn batch!