Quote: Kevin Mears @ February 13 2013, 8:51 PM GMT

Thank you sir :)

Madam.

You are welcome, keep us updated.

Yeah - well done he says grumpily!

My apologies, Loopey!

Quote: Kevin Mears @ February 16 2013, 6:28 PM GMT

My apologies, Loopey!

:) No probs, no reason why you should know. :)

Results are in. One comedy and two drama commissioned. Mine not one.

They were published in Kate Rowlands blog which, refreshingly, describes all the non-commissioned sitcoms as 'disappointing' rather effectively taking the gloss of making the top 8.

Commiserations.

Have you got a link?

Dan

Never mind Ponderer - you did great to get so far.

I don't think she described the runners-up as disappointing in themselves - she just said that the range of ideas wasn't as broad as the (frankly looney-sounding) drama list.

Bad luck Ponderer. Falling at the final hurdle is hard.

So, the winning comedy....

The selected script for Comedy development was The Joy of Adult Education by Mark Wallington in which a beginner's woodwork course and a small earthquake help an everyday couple save their exotic ravioli business.

Hmmmm...

Ponderer - are you off to the Writersroom Development Day next month?

To me, that's just as good as getting a development deal as you get to speak to a load of producers and execs in person.

Can't wait!

Well done for getting that Kevin. I have heard nothing about that so assume I am not invited. I have the offer of phone feedback from Kate Rowland - I assume you have too?

Quote: swerytd @ February 22 2013, 1:57 PM GMT

Commiserations.

Have you got a link?

Dan

I'm away at present so don't have it, it is Kate Rowland's blog on writers room.

Thanks to all for congrats/ commiserations. Proud and pleased to have got this far, and yet gutted.

A bit of a wierd feeling really but crawling up the M6 for 4 hours really helped the brooding process. :S

Quote: Ponderer @ February 22 2013, 1:21 PM GMT

Results are in. One comedy and two drama commissioned. Mine not one.

They were published in Kate Rowlands blog which, refreshingly, describes all the non-commissioned sitcoms as 'disappointing' rather effectively taking the gloss of making the top 8.

But probably not as disappointing as most of their current sitcoms on telly! You got to top 8!, I'd put that in your CV if I were you, and maybe tweak the bits you think it just failed on or get one of those paid feedback appraisals done, cos it sounds like it's nearly there.

BTW did they give any hint of whether this'll run again or was it a one off, do you know? Cheers.

Quote: Ponderer @ February 22 2013, 10:52 PM GMT

I have the offer of phone feedback from Kate Rowland

Sorry, missed that.