Last Laugh Page 7

Years and years after leaving primary school, Ben is still sidling up to his teachers, an unctuous ingratiating smile from ear to ear, to sneak on his miscreant classmates.

Then, squirming in his seat as he watches them being punished, he can hardly wait for playtime when he'll run as fast as he can to the boys' toilets, lock himself inside a cubicle and abuse his tiny todger until the bell rings and classes recommence.

Merely observing the rules, Rood Eye.

If you fancy stepping outside, though, feel free to name a time and place.

Quote: Ben @ 18th September 2014, 11:09 PM BST

Merely observing the rules

That's a quote from Nuremberg, isn't it?

Quote: Ben @ 18th September 2014, 11:09 PM BST

If you fancy stepping outside, though, feel free to name a time and place.

Fisticuffs?

Sorry, I'm not into child abuse.

Come back when you've grown up.

Quote: Ben @ 18th September 2014, 10:24 PM BST

Anyway, the original Roodeye on these boards was banned, so surely Rood Eye should be as well as? He's the same person, right? Mods?

:(

Quote: Ben @ 18th September 2014, 10:24 PM BST

Anyway, the original Roodeye on these boards was banned, so surely Rood Eye should be as well as? He's the same person, right? Mods?

I think he should be given another go. He has been off for a very long time.

I always found Roodeye to be very critical but also fair.
And always up for a literary punch-up!

Nice to know you're still with us, Rood (Ben/mod allowing).

The Last Laugh was exceptional among BBC competitions in terms of the passions it generated, probably because it was such a stupid idea. Roodeye was witty, acerbic, and sometimes a complete pain in the arse on the message boards, given his inclination to go just too far, possibly a sign of existential boredom and love of a good online punch-up. But he certainly kept it lively and, as Bob Dylan once remarked, without freedom of speech we would be in the swamp.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ 19th September 2014, 6:01 PM BST

The Last Laugh was exceptional among BBC competitions in terms of the passions it generated, probably because it was such a stupid idea. Roodeye was witty, acerbic, and sometimes a complete pain in the arse on the message boards, given his inclination to go just too far, possibly a sign of existential boredom and love of a good online punch-up. But he certainly kept it lively and, as Bob Dylan once remarked, without freedom of speech we would be in the swamp.

What have you got against swamps? Outside!

Quote: Marc P @ 18th September 2014, 9:37 PM BST

How is it marketing a defunct completion. So no. Not getting it? What's your point here, have you read the thread through, even what the OP said at its genesis at least?

I do have a life, Marc.

Well just take a scant second or two to read what this thread is about before returning time and time and time again to complain about something you don't understand. It might help you make better and more profitable use of your busy life. Whistler has something to say on this issue. :D

Quote: Marc P @ 19th September 2014, 6:51 PM BST

Well just take a scant second or two to read what this thread is about before returning time and time and time again to complain about something you don't understand. It might help you make better and more profitable use of your busy life. Whistler has something to say on this issue. :D

Just put your lips together and blow.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ 19th September 2014, 6:01 PM BST

Micheal!!! You're back too !!! :D Happy days ;)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th September 2014, 6:43 PM BST

I do have a life, Marc.

You could have fooled me ;)

I've still got my booklet of this - somewhere.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2014, 9:29 PM BST

I've still got my booklet of this - somewhere.

I'm so annoyed with myself, I gave mine to charity along with loads of other books :(

I've just been re-reading the booklet and, buried in the small print, it says "Contestants should be aware that in the event that you are invited by a fellow contestant to engage in a real-life adulterous love affair and in the event that you choose to decline such an invitation and in the event that the other contestant throws a fit and spends the following decade telling the whole wide world that you're not only a complete, total, absolute and utter psychopath but also that you're the Devil's disciple and the physical manifestation of all things evil and unspeakable, the BBC will not be held in any way responsible."

Oh, if only I'd seen that sooner!