Last Laugh Page 8

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th September 2014, 11:17 PM BST

That's a quote from Nuremberg, isn't it?

Fisticuffs?

Sorry, I'm not into child abuse.

Come back when you've grown up.

Don't start backtracking.

Quote: Ben @ 19th September 2014, 10:10 PM BST

Don't start backtracking.

Ben stop it

Yes Ben, your concern is appreciated but please stop now. Rood Eye is being given a second chance. As far as I can see he has done nothing wrong under this account.

Whatever became of Mary Marland who won her 'Last Laugh' category with the Carla Lane script?

I thought her entry was very good indeed.

The snag was that the excellent Carla herself was very much 'old hat' (in the eyes of the Beeb) by the time the competition started.

Quote: Aaron @ 19th September 2014, 10:37 PM BST

Yes Ben, your concern is appreciated but please stop now. Rood Eye is being given a second chance. As far as I can see he has done nothing wrong under this account.

Thanks Aaron, freedom of speech springs to mind :D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 19th September 2014, 10:37 PM BST

Whatever became of Mary Marland who won her 'Last Laugh' category with the Carla Lane script?

I thought her entry was very good indeed.

The snag was that the excellent Carla herself was very much 'old hat' (in the eyes of the Beeb) by the time the competition started.

I don't remember her.did she win

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbtalkscot/F2141455

What happened to you forum Rood http://roodeyecompany.europefreeforum.com/?sid=62033bb5c957b9e6b0d44c7f6bd677a9

Quote: bushbaby @ 19th September 2014, 10:57 PM BST

I don't remember her. did she win

She won her group but the judges (and I use that term loosely) were apparently looking for something more along the lines of 'Big Top'.

What happened to your forum Rood.

It closed down due to lack of use. I've reopened it but all the postings seem to have vanished.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 19th September 2014, 11:07 PM BST

:(

What I want to know is where are the Mods when you need them? This has got bugger all to do with Last Laugh. It's wildly "OFF-TOPIC"!

Why don't you just start your own Intro thread Rood Eye?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2014, 11:27 PM BST

What I want to know is where are the Mods when you need them? This has got bugger all to do with Last Laugh. It's wildly "OFF-TOPIC"!

Why don't you just start your own Intro thread Rood Eye?

?????? It has everything to do with LL. Don't know where you are coming from Chappers :(

Chappers, old chap,

I think you'll find my postings and those of Bushbaby and most other people on this thread have EVERYthing to do with the Last Laugh competition.

In BB's recent post, she refers to a Last Laugh forum I set up after the closure of the official BBC Last Laugh forum.

If you can't see the relevance of all these postings, may I suggest that you re-read them and then query any individual postings that seem irrelevant to the thread topic?

I was juggles on the LL forum, it was a fab experience and a great forum for sitcom writers :D

Quote: bushbaby @ 19th September 2014, 11:44 PM BST

I was juggles on the LL forum, it was a fab experience and a great forum for sitcom writers :D

It was a tremendous experience and there were far more laughs in the forum postings than ever found their way into the scripts most of which were pretty much of a muchness.

The stand-out script-ending for me was the one with the Indian grandfather. Was it by Steve Sunshine? It got nowhere but it was funnier than any of the finalists' scripts by a very long way indeed.

We wuz all robbed but, in a strange way, I loved every minute of it.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 19th September 2014, 11:52 PM BST

It was a tremendous experience and there were far more laughs in the forum postings than ever found their way into the scripts most of which were pretty much of a muchness.

The stand-out script-ending for me was the one with the Indian grandfather. Was it by Steve Sunshine? It got nowhere but it was funnier than any of the finalists' scripts by a very long way indeed.

We wuz all robbed but, in a strange way, I loved every minute of it.

I loved every minute too but when I look into the forum I really can't understand a lot of my posts. But then again I was drinking two bottles of wine a night!! Thank fully I don't do that now... I have two bottles a week :D

Many great writings have been produced under the influence of alcohol and other substances.

The Beatles were at their best when under the influence of drugs whereas Oasis produced their very worst under those circumstances.

The Last Laugh competition might have been a lot more successful if everybody concerned had been obliged to be completely off his/her face before setting pen to paper.

Or perhaps not.

We'll never know.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th September 2014, 12:11 AM BST

The Last Laugh competition might have been a lot more successful if everybody concerned had been obliged to be completely off his/her face before setting pen to paper.

Or perhaps not.

We'll never know.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud