Last Laugh Page 9

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th September 2014, 12:11 AM BST

Many great writings have been produced under the influence of alcohol and other substances.

The Beatles were at their best when under the influence of drugs whereas Oasis produced their very worst under those circumstances.

The Last Laugh competition might have been a lot more successful if everybody concerned had been obliged to be completely off his/her face before setting pen to paper.

Or perhaps not.

We'll never know.

You're probably right. Since cutting down on alcohol, I've dried so to speak :D

That does it! No one is to mention the Last Laugh competition until I blow this whistle... Angry

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th September 2014, 11:37 AM BST

That does it! No one is to mention the Last Laugh competition until I blow this whistle... Angry

Well, let's all talk about you then. I like your short story about kids with button noses etc :D

I don't think it's polite to poke fun at people's avatars BB! ;)

Quote: bushbaby @ 19th September 2014, 9:47 PM BST

I'm so annoyed with myself, I gave mine to charity along with loads of other books :(

I have in my hand a piece of paper.. Aha it is the Last Laugh Booklet.

March 2005... so long ago.

I don't think it was a stupid idea, Micheal, a very unusual one, yes.

The snag was that the BBC did not really follow through with the apparent promise to record and broadcast the winning script. Instead from what I fuzzily recall, we had a sequence of chat-type shows which made far more of the famous writers who wrote the lead-ins, rather than the entrants and their efforts. It was just a show-piece for Dara O Brien; a sort of "Look what a brilliant bloke I am, to have thought up this contest".

Quote: Rood Eye @ 19th September 2014, 11:52 PM BST

It was a tremendous experience and there were far more laughs in the forum postings than ever found their way into the scripts most of which were pretty much of a muchness.

We wuz all robbed but, in a strange way, I loved every minute of it.

Agreed.

It was a bit of a silly contest maybe. Half formed toss away ideas from pro writers for someone else to finish. Not the shining hour. I didn't enter it mind :)

Quote: Marc P @ 20th September 2014, 12:32 PM BST

I don't think it's polite to poke fun at people's avatars BB! ;)

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud