Manchester Drinks - Interested? Page 9

Dellas, why not pick a date, time and venue for a Saturday in Jan or Feb? That will give people plenty of notice. If you start it in a new thread - e.g. "Manchester Drinks Jan 2013" - it will also make it clear that this event is actually going to happen and won't be tainted by association with the abortive efforts on this thread.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 11 2012, 10:27 AM GMT

Haters gonna hate.

I believe they prefer the term Haitians

:D

I'll be in the Bull's Head some time between 6.30 and 7pm. Hope to meet Angie at least, but if no one turns up at all, I might push off home at about 7.30pm. I'll put something on the table that indicates we are BCG, so if anyone wants to just turn up this evening you will be most welcome. Although I don't know many of you, I love discussing comedy and writing, so I'm sure we will have lots to talk about.

A dog turd on a paper plate with a clowns nose on it?

Quote: Indigo @ December 11 2012, 12:38 PM GMT

I'll put something on the table that indicates we are BCG...

A Miranda DVD with "Best comedy ever" on a post-it note???

Ronnie Corbett in a hamster cage?

I was thinking more like a piece of paper with 'BCG' written on it. But your suggestions are better.

Quote: Indigo @ December 11 2012, 12:14 AM GMT

Hi AngieBaby, I'll come and meet you, if that's OK. I'd prefer it if there were a few more there, but I don't mind a two-person meet. I don't think I've conversed with you on here, but I contributed to the last Kirrin Island, and it would be nice to meet someone who was involved with that, as I believe you were.

sootyj, if you're still thinking about coming it would be lovely to meet you too. I always enjoy meeting other writers (I've written for Newsjack, had a few sketches performed live, etc).

Would also be great to meet anyone else who still wants to come.

I think Soots as baled on us Indy, but we can still do a 2 person meet up.

*packs mace spray in handbag, just in case*

Quote: Ben @ December 10 2012, 5:50 PM GMT

Just take some batteries, Angie, and you'll be fine.

:O Laughing out loud

Manchester drinks are in full swing!

Good stuff.
& Well done to Badge for getting this off the ground.

Can we get 3 in a week
Birmingham on Friday anyone.?

Had a lovely evening with Indy, shame we got chucked out the pub for being too rowdy though.

Next time I come to Manchester I think the meet should be in a nicer pub, we were told to watch our handbags as we left due to scallywags mugging people outside.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ December 11 2012, 8:15 PM GMT

Birmingham on Friday anyone.?

I could make it.*

*but I wouldn't

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 11 2012, 3:55 PM GMT

I think Soots as baled on us Indy, but we can still do a 2 person meet up.

*packs mace spray in handbag, just in case*

:O Laughing out loud

Don't taunt him you know I don't exist

And somewhere Dellas is crying into her hotpot.