Manchester Drinks - Interested?

Some BCG forum dwellers are interested in having social drinks in Manchester this summer, to celebrate Britain's weather reaching spiritual alignment with the north-west. Come and chat about comedy! Or something else! And find out people on the internet have faces! Then pretend it isn't a strain to look at them!

The initial suggestion is for a Friday night in August, 3rd 10th or 17th, somewhere central.

Not everyone interested in the drinks will be interested enough to post in this thread, but if you are interested, please contribute.

By the way, in case it's putting you off, I won't be there. But I'm sure dellas will be.

Hope it goes well.

Now if it was Birmingham...

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 4 2012, 12:01 AM BST

We're just as good as London or Manchester, one of our pubs stops open past 11 now.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ July 4 2012, 12:10 AM BST

We're just as good as London or Manchester,

That's better, it was really bugging me.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 4 2012, 12:01 AM BST

^ This

Well. that's two of us Stevie Baby which seems to be 25% of what they're pulling in Metroland.

Please stay on topic. This is about Manchester drinks. Make your own threads about M&B and Ansell's.

Ah day start it ! Doe 'ave a goo at me !

*chucks pint of Banks's at OR*

Quote: Badge @ July 4 2012, 12:56 AM BST

*chucks pint of Banks's at OR*

All it's good for these days . . . .

*says sorry and buys another pint of OR's favourite*

" Cheers Ode Pal. I'll have a pint of Courage Directors at The Newhampton, Wolverhampton."

Although this hasn't been brewed in Bristol for many a long year and I think now is brewed by Young's.

Edit.

Yes, it is.

http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home/our-beers/ales/courage-directors/

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 4 2012, 1:07 AM BST

" Cheers Ode Pal. I'll have a pint of Courage Directors at The Newhampton, Wolverhampton."

Although this hasn't been brewed in Bristol for many a long year and I think now is brewed by Young's.

We digress, but sadly Young's don't brew any beer now. They have turned into a bastard pubco. What's called Young's is brewed by Wells and Young in Bedford (formerly Charles Wells), but Young's got rid of their brewing stake in the business last year I think.

Quote: Badge @ July 4 2012, 1:10 AM BST

We digress, but sadly Young's don't brew any beer now. They have turned into a bastard pubco. What's called Young's is brewed by Wells and Young in Bedford (formerly Charles Wells), but Young's got rid of their brewing stake in the business last year I think.

Yeah,that link was Wells and Young,

Anyhow, best of luck with your Manchester do.

Or maybe we could compromise?

Any good pubs in Crewe ?

:D

It's not my Manchester do. I won't be going, but I know several NW-based BCG people are keen.

:) OHH Thanks Badge for help- appreciated, do hope it is more than Me and Iann?