Manchester Drinks - Interested? Page 8

Oh well, I'll still be there, on my own by the look of it.

Just take some batteries, Angie, and you'll be fine.

Quote: dellas @ December 10 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

Sorry Manchester Meet now Cancelled !!

Citing cold weather (did you expect it to be sunny?) and expensive cab fares, when YOU suggested the venue, are very poor excuses.

More cynical types may suggest you had no intention of attending in the first place.

Very unfair remark, It was AngieBaby who suggested meet in Dec as she is in Town on tues night, I tried to confirm others, no luck there.

Sorry but I really don't think the London would have taken place with only two people! I have apologised to Angie in pm, and she understands predicament.

Two people can make a very good party in my experience.

Filth.

Hahaa

Zooo you mentalist

From droll to troll

Quote: dellas @ December 10 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

:( :S Sorry Manchester Meet now Cancelled !!

Bad form.

Hi AngieBaby, I'll come and meet you, if that's OK. I'd prefer it if there were a few more there, but I don't mind a two-person meet. I don't think I've conversed with you on here, but I contributed to the last Kirrin Island, and it would be nice to meet someone who was involved with that, as I believe you were.

sootyj, if you're still thinking about coming it would be lovely to meet you too. I always enjoy meeting other writers (I've written for Newsjack, had a few sketches performed live, etc).

Would also be great to meet anyone else who still wants to come.

Laughing out loud Why such sarcasm? get over it- if AngieBaby booked Manchester alone why all bad comments? Jesus its not crime of the century is it?

Please leave this alone now if you are not directly involved in the actual meeting OK? Rolling eyes

Dellas, I think people are a little miffed at your eagerness to cancel because you made such an enormous fuss about not having an opportunity to attend a meet-up that other people went to the trouble of helping you arrange one. However genuine your reasons for cancelling are, it just looks a little bad. That's the only reason people who weren't planning to attend are sticking their noses in.

Final words- what enormous fuss? No way I could attend London and was sad and mentioned that? I t was suggested I arrange a Manchester meet- tried and failed- then Angie revealed she would be in Town on Dec 6- tried to whip up interest- none forthcoming, so decided best to cancel.

I have tried, put effort in and contacted the 3 people interested- what more could I have done?

I really feel that the London meet would NOT of happened in the same circumstances.

If Angie is ok- why are others so bothered?

This, I feel, is getting personal, so please accept the decision I made after much thought and deliberation.

Put like that I can see your point Dellas, I think it's just it came across that you were in a rush to cancel. I agree things take planning but when you live in said town maybe you could have chilled a little and waited a bit before your big cancellation announcement.
Right, that's my nose out of this one now :)

Haters gonna hate.